CANCUN, Mexico (AP)—Jamal Crook scored 16 points, T.J. Price added 13 points, five rebounds and five assists and Western Kentucky went on to a 70-61 win over DePaul in the consolation game of the Cancun Challenge on Wednesday night.
Western Kentucky (3-2) had a comfortable lead for much of the contest before the Blue Demons made things interesting in the second half, completing a 21-8 run when Durrell McDonald scored on a fast-break dunk with 1:17 and cut the lead to seven, 68-61, but the run came too late to overcome the Hilltoppers.
DePaul’s Cleveland Melvin scored 14 of his 22 points in the second half and added 13 rebounds but it wasn’t enough. Melvin hit a jumper to give the Blue Demons (2-3) a 10-9 lead before the first media timeout but Western Kentucky closed out the first half on a 32-17 run to lead 41-27 at the break.
- Tim Lincecum has possibly thrown his last pitch for the Giants
- Golfer's daughter unimpressed he played with Tiger Woods
- Dr. Saturday's daily fantasy picks and advice for Thursday's games
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast
- Report: 5 Rutgers players arrested for assault, suspended
- Judge's deflate-gate ruling could ultimately empower Roger Goodell
- MLB Power Rankings: Rangers won't stop contending
- Minnesota athletics official takes leave amid Norwood Teague investigation
- PGA of America cancels Grand Slam of Golf
- College football's quarterbacks ranked 1-128
- What to Watch, Week 1: Welcome back, college football
- Jarkko Ruutu, Georges Laraque offer statements on Penguins ‘monkey’ prank
- Deflate-gate memes: Tom Brady dancing, sad Roger Goodell and more
- Whose slide was better: Josh Donaldson versus Justin Turner
- Franzen skates; 2016 NHL trade deadline set; McDavid's rookie card (Puck Headlines)
- Judge rules for Tom Brady, overturns four-game deflate-gate suspension; Goodell to appeal