CANCUN, Mexico (AP)—Jamal Crook scored 16 points, T.J. Price added 13 points, five rebounds and five assists and Western Kentucky went on to a 70-61 win over DePaul in the consolation game of the Cancun Challenge on Wednesday night.
Western Kentucky (3-2) had a comfortable lead for much of the contest before the Blue Demons made things interesting in the second half, completing a 21-8 run when Durrell McDonald scored on a fast-break dunk with 1:17 and cut the lead to seven, 68-61, but the run came too late to overcome the Hilltoppers.
DePaul’s Cleveland Melvin scored 14 of his 22 points in the second half and added 13 rebounds but it wasn’t enough. Melvin hit a jumper to give the Blue Demons (2-3) a 10-9 lead before the first media timeout but Western Kentucky closed out the first half on a 32-17 run to lead 41-27 at the break.
- Impact beat NYCFC 3-2 in Frank Lampard's MLS debut
- Pole Wlodarczyk sets hammer world record
- Melvin Gordon tested at Chargers camp
- Hall of Fame profile: Vikings C Mick Tingelhoff
- C.J. Wilson likely done for season with elbow impingement, surgery required
- Shutdown Countdown: Cowboys need a new formula without DeMarco Murray
- Patriots' fight with NFL gets nastier with release of emails
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dead at 61
- Browns owner preaches patience, won't 'blow things up'
- Saints' Tim Lelito in line for left guard spot
- Korean Ko and Taiwanese Lu share Turnberry lead
- New Cowboy Greg Hardy donates $300 to help troll the Eagles
- NBA's current, former stars put on show in Africa exhibition
- Sources: NBPA filing grievance against Kings over voiding of Mbah a Moute contract
- MLB trade deadline: Winners & losers
- What does Russell Wilson's new deal mean for Eli Manning's negotiations with Giants?