CANCUN, Mexico (AP)—Jamal Crook scored 16 points, T.J. Price added 13 points, five rebounds and five assists and Western Kentucky went on to a 70-61 win over DePaul in the consolation game of the Cancun Challenge on Wednesday night.
Western Kentucky (3-2) had a comfortable lead for much of the contest before the Blue Demons made things interesting in the second half, completing a 21-8 run when Durrell McDonald scored on a fast-break dunk with 1:17 and cut the lead to seven, 68-61, but the run came too late to overcome the Hilltoppers.
DePaul’s Cleveland Melvin scored 14 of his 22 points in the second half and added 13 rebounds but it wasn’t enough. Melvin hit a jumper to give the Blue Demons (2-3) a 10-9 lead before the first media timeout but Western Kentucky closed out the first half on a 32-17 run to lead 41-27 at the break.
- Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium as Williams' No. 51 retired
- Astros rally for 10-8 win over Tigers, split 4-game series
- Lightning strikes to close in on Stanley Cup Finals
- Confidence carrying Stamkos as scoring touch returns
- Lightning shock Rangers in Game 5, one win away from Cup Final
- Horford ejected from Cavaliers-Hawks Game 3 for elbowing Dellavedova
- Derek Jeter returns to Yankee Stadium for Bernie Williams Day
- Juan Pablo Montoya's great pass gives him Indy 500 win
- Rangers beat Yanks 5-2 for New York's 10th loss in 11 games
- Rangers-Indians Preview
- LeBron's triple-double helps Cavs top Hawks in thriller
- Puck to groin and sickness on bench in Tampa’s disgustingly good win
- Source: Adrian Peterson still presses for trade from Vikings with decision to skip OTAs
- Watch emotional return of John Amirante to MSG for Game 5 anthem (Video)
- Indianapolis 500 features multiple incidents but no cars flipping over
- Winners and losers from the final day of the Premier League season