Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- Blake Swihart's inside-the-park homer helps Red Sox stop streaking Mets
- Injury to Robbie Lawler sends Ronda Rousey to Australia to headline UFC 193
- Vin Scully will return for 67th season in Dodgers television booth
- Nationals nix Jayson Werth bobblehead, were not satisfied with finished product
- Mario Hezonja lights up EuroBasket tune-up, daps opposing coach
- Tim Beckman: 'I will vigorously defend both my reputation and my legal rights'
- Fan suing Red Sox after suffering injuries from foul ball
- Pavel Medvedev scores nasty ‘lacrosse’ goal in KHL (Video)
- Unexpected ace helping power Cubs’ resurgence
- UFC reinstates Travis Browne after investigation is inconclusive
- Titans QB Marcus Mariota impresses again in third preseason game
- Patriots' offense, Tom Brady rally a bit after slow start to preseason
- Fantasy Football Ranks: Preseason '15
- On second thought, Robert Griffin III will sit out with concussion
- LSU OC Cam Cameron given 'clean bill of health' after cancer diagnosis
- Devin Setoguchi comes to Maple Leafs with right attitude after 'wrong turn'