Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- NLDS Game 1: John Lackey silences Cubs bats as Cardinals win 4-0
- ALDS Game 2: Rangers take 2-0 lead after controversial 14-inning win
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch ruled out for Sunday's game at Bengals
- Prince Fielder celebrates Rangers ALDS win by tumbling out of the dugout
- BDL's 2015-16 NBA Season Previews: Washington Wizards
- BDL’s 2015-16 NBA Season Previews: Sacramento Kings
- UCLA P Adam Searl suspended after arrest for sexual assault
- Rangers lefty Derek Holland found a funny new use for Blue Jays rally towels
- ALDS Game 2: Royals rally after early deficit, even series with the Astros
- Colby Rasmus continues postseason tear with third homer in three games
- Shannon Sharpe rips Antonio Gates over PED suspension
- Marshall DL Jarquez Samuel swan dives into end zone for TD (Video)
- Baylor, TCU ADs address recent vandalism on both campuses (Photos)
- Cardinals fan taunts the Cubs with 'Mount Chokemore' painting
- Chicago bar giving out free beer when Cardinals hit a home run against Cubs
- Week 5 Start/Sit: Fading Freeman