Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- NFL Live Blog: Follow Week 12 action with the Shutdown Corner team
- Report: $110 million deal pending between Jordan Zimmermann, Tigers
- Forde's Fab Four: Where normalcy finally reigns
- Heroics and heartbreak: Stanford delivers in clutch to dash Notre Dame's playoff hopes
- Rutgers fires coach Kyle Flood, AD Julie Hermann (Updated)
- LSU beats Texas A&M; LSU AD says Les Miles will continue to be coach
- Why this win over Michigan meant so much to Ohio State's Urban Meyer
- Georgia fires coach Mark Richt after 15 seasons
- Tom Brady wrangles Broncos in new Facebook pic
- Virginia Tech makes Justin Fuente hire official
- Winners and Losers: There are six teams left vying for four CFP spots
- Stanford shocks Notre Dame on last-second field goal
- Report: Iowa State hires Toledo's Matt Campbell