Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- US fines Wisconsin bar $7,000 for death in dumbwaiter
- Warriors' Klay Thompson diagnosed with concussion, no timetable for return
- Bill Belichick, predictably, had nothing to say about deflate-gate
- Dai-Jon Parker mourned after drowning in Indiana reservoir
- Sepp Blatter wins FIFA re-election the old fashioned way
- Joseph Randle's on the fantasy rise in Big D
- Dwight Howard gets 1-game suspension after Game 5 flagrant upgraded
- Titans strength coach returned to work a day after having 3 surgeries
- Rangers fan wears nacho cheese thanks to Prince Fielder foul ball
- Scott Skiles is the new head coach in Orlando, for better or worse
- Metta World Peace, a.k.a. The Panda's Friend, ejected from Italian playoff game
- Watch Jon Stewart turn into a fanboy while interviewing Matt Harvey
- Bill Laimbeer: 'There's no question I would take LeBron James' over Michael Jordan
- Byron Maxwell guarantees Super Bowl 50 appearance for Eagles
- Masahiro Tanaka set to rejoin Yankees starting rotation
- Why Bulls management could never accept Tom Thibodeau's success