Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- Muguruza finds her grasscourt groove to reach Wimbledon semi
- British Open likely to flourish even if McIlroy sits it out
- Fan hit by line drive and injured during Braves-Brewers game
- Taylor Harry Fritz may be the rising star American tennis has lacked
- Andrew Shaw crashes wedding with the Stanley Cup
- Ned Yost explains why he didn't pick A-Rod for the AL All-Star team
- Gold Cup preview: Title contenders, best group games, USA's key player
- Jon Lester gets a hit. Finally.
- AP Source: Timberwolves give Kevin Garnett 2 more years
- Golf-British Open likely to flourish even if McIlroy sits it out
- Connor McDavid makes stellar debut, protects young fan from poachers (Video)
- Mo Farah to race in 3,000m at London Diamond League meeting
- Mario Hezonja throws down monster dunk vs. Thunder in Summer League
- You know how many Royals were voted All-Stars starters by MLB players? Zero
- 13 remaining free agents who can help NBA teams
- Quarterback De'Andre Johnson dismissed from Florida State