Marquette tops USC 72-64 in Maui; Wilson has 19By OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Wednesday, Nov 21, 2012
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Jamil Wilson channeled his inner aloha spirit with a colorful 19-point performance in Marquette’s 72-64 win over USC at the Maui Invitational on Wednesday.
Wilson made 7 of 9 field goals off the bench, throwing up Hawaii’s famous shaka sign each time he hit a 3-pointer.
USC (3-2) pulled within one point of the Golden Eagles (4-1) with 14 minutes left. Wilson responded by touching off a nine-point Marquette run. The Trojans got no closer than six points after that.
Davante Gardner added 12 points for Marquette, Junior Cadougan had 11 and Chris Otule scored 10.
J.T. Terrell had 21 points for USC.
Marquette finished fifth in the eight-team tournament, its only loss a buzzer-beater to Butler in the opening game.
- Coe to AP: Track and field faces 'declaration of war'
- AP Interview: Qatar's FM promises best World Cup ever
- Former Lions running back Mel Farr dies at age 70
- IAAF fights back against reports of widespread suspected doping
- Sides still haggling to finalize long-awaited Cotto-Canelo title fight
- Overblown addition? Ndamukong Suh's intensity washes over Dolphins defense
- WSOF suspends Rousimar Palhares, strips him of title after wild event
- RG3 will be 'ordinary' because he said Redskins want him that way
- Red Bulls-Impact Preview
- Cardinals-Reds Preview
- Guy eclipses Sun to win 200m freestyle
- Rapid React: Arian Foster injures groin, Captain Obvious says "Told you so!"
- Kris Bryant says he will no longer slide head first after concussion scare
- Sheriff: Aaron Hernandez had explicit relationship with tipster, not with juror
- Here are the Raptors' new uniforms, as unveiled by Drake at OVO Fest
- The Mets have the easiest remaining schedule down the stretch