Wichita State gets 75-62 win over DePaul in CancunTuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Williams, a senior, was just 5 of 13 from the field but made two 3-pointers and added four steals. Malcolm Armstead had 17 points to lead the Shockers (5-0), who will face the winner of the Iowa-Western Kentucky game, which tipped off later Tuesday, in Wednesday’s Riviera Division final.
Brandon Young led the Blue Demons (2-2) with 19 points and five assists, and Moses Morgan added 15 points off the bench. DePaul shot just 31 percent from the field.
Wichita State wasn’t much better, hitting 43 percent of its shots and 56 percent of its free throws. But the Shockers never trailed, leading by as many as 13 in the second half.
The game was the first meeting between the schools since 1988.
- Loyd starting to feel more comfortable in the WNBA
- Some extreme doping test results show athletes' health at risk: expert
- Ledecky shocked after improving 1,500 world record in heats
- Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer suspended six games for assault arrest
- One of Chip Kelly's biggest problems with Eagles: culture shock
- Tiger Woods closes Quicken Loans National with modest 68
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Los Angeles Lakers
- Sam Bradford looks healthy, on track to start Eagles' preseason opener
- Missing Special Olympics athlete turns up 350 miles away
- Cowboys' Bryant has prolonged incident with teammate at camp
- Diack fights back at allegations of widespread doping
- Justin Upton struck out four times ... on just 12 pitches
- The Blue Jays and Royals do not like each other after near brawl
- Matt Kenseth wins nutty Pocono race on fuel mileage
- Four impact players who could still be traded in August
- It's time to include Ronda Rousey in the 'Greatest of All Time' conversation