Wichita State gets 75-62 win over DePaul in CancunTuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Williams, a senior, was just 5 of 13 from the field but made two 3-pointers and added four steals. Malcolm Armstead had 17 points to lead the Shockers (5-0), who will face the winner of the Iowa-Western Kentucky game, which tipped off later Tuesday, in Wednesday’s Riviera Division final.
Brandon Young led the Blue Demons (2-2) with 19 points and five assists, and Moses Morgan added 15 points off the bench. DePaul shot just 31 percent from the field.
Wichita State wasn’t much better, hitting 43 percent of its shots and 56 percent of its free throws. But the Shockers never trailed, leading by as many as 13 in the second half.
The game was the first meeting between the schools since 1988.
- Venable homer boosts Padres over Cards 5-3 in 11 innings
- Ryne Sandberg, Jerry Dipoto and the uncomfortable nature of quitting
- Cardinals fire scouting director as drama thickens in MLB hacking scandal
- Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery, hits homer, wins at life
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended for failed PED test
- Slava Voynov pleads no contest to misdemeanor 'corporal injury to a spouse'
- Sources: Ed Davis agrees to $20 million deal with Trail Blazers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker
- Kenyon Martin: I'm retiring from professional basketball
- Dwyane Wade will return to the Miami Heat on a one-year contract
- Sources: Lakers get second meeting to pitch LaMarcus Aldridge; Heat also pursuing meeting
- Missouri high school will start girl at QB
- Sources: Suns clear cap room for LaMarcus Aldridge pursuit by trading three players
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended for substance abuse
- Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended four games