Wichita State gets 75-62 win over DePaul in CancunTuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Williams, a senior, was just 5 of 13 from the field but made two 3-pointers and added four steals. Malcolm Armstead had 17 points to lead the Shockers (5-0), who will face the winner of the Iowa-Western Kentucky game, which tipped off later Tuesday, in Wednesday’s Riviera Division final.
Brandon Young led the Blue Demons (2-2) with 19 points and five assists, and Moses Morgan added 15 points off the bench. DePaul shot just 31 percent from the field.
Wichita State wasn’t much better, hitting 43 percent of its shots and 56 percent of its free throws. But the Shockers never trailed, leading by as many as 13 in the second half.
The game was the first meeting between the schools since 1988.
- Wacha improves to 7-0, Cards end 3-game skid by beating KC
- Indianapolis 500 features multiple incidents but no cars flipping over
- Juan Pablo Montoya's great pass gives him Indy 500 win
- Crew members for No. 18 car hit on pit road at Indy
- Billy Donovan thanks Florida fans with full-page newspaper ad
- Norge Luis Ruiz, Cuba's top pitching prospect, is headed to America
- Stephen Curry is on a collision course with LeBron James to determine NBA supremacy
- Curry's MVP performance keys Game 3 blowout, puts Rockets on brink
- Justin Upton's slam, 6 RBIs lead Shields, Pads over Dodgers
- Fan unknowingly catches foul ball in jacket pouch
- Winners and losers from the final day of the Premier League season
- MLB Network looks at the remarkable story of Navy graduate Mitch Harris
- Greg Cosell's NFL analysis: The Titans' long-term plan with Mariota
- Why Daniel Cormier shouldn't get comfortable as UFC light heavyweight champ
- Antoine Vermette goes from healthy scratch to playoff hero as Blackhawks beat Ducks in double-OT thrill ride
- UFC 187: Chris Weidman endures early flurry, KOs Vitor Belfort in thriller