Wichita State gets 75-62 win over DePaul in CancunTuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Williams, a senior, was just 5 of 13 from the field but made two 3-pointers and added four steals. Malcolm Armstead had 17 points to lead the Shockers (5-0), who will face the winner of the Iowa-Western Kentucky game, which tipped off later Tuesday, in Wednesday’s Riviera Division final.
Brandon Young led the Blue Demons (2-2) with 19 points and five assists, and Moses Morgan added 15 points off the bench. DePaul shot just 31 percent from the field.
Wichita State wasn’t much better, hitting 43 percent of its shots and 56 percent of its free throws. But the Shockers never trailed, leading by as many as 13 in the second half.
The game was the first meeting between the schools since 1988.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0
- Johnny Manziel's partying, lack of professionalism jeopardize his career
- NFL Power Rankings: The Kansas City Chiefs have good shot at history
- Messi, Barcelona continue to entertain with 6-1 rout of Roma (Video)
- Report: MLB could play a series of games in London as early as 2017
- Jays fans launch website in attempt to keep David Price in Toronto
- Oklahoma, Iowa jump into Top 4 of CFP rankings
- 5 takeaways from the Week 13 College Football Playoff rankings
- Pacers hit franchise-record 19 3s, Paul George drops 40 as Pacers beat Wizards
- LeBron James thinks we should compare great players less, appreciate them more
- Getting older but not fading away: NBA's top stars going extra mile to hold off Father Time
- Some kind 76ers fans are crowd-funding gifts for Brett Brown
- Baseball's five best free-agent bargains of 2015
- Troy Williams' mom is not happy with Indiana coach Tom Crean