Crawford’s three first-half 3s helped calm a sloppy offense as Northwestern (4-0) managed a double-digit lead throughout most of the second half. The Hornets briefly cut the deficit to eight points with under 10 minutes to play, but couldn’t keep the pressure on the Wildcats.
Dave Sobolewski had 14 points for Northwestern, and freshman Alex Olah added 10 points, six rebounds and three steals. The 7-footer had his way on the inside as Delaware State had no answer for his size.
Reggie Hearn, Northwestern’s top scorer in its first three games, had 12 points and three 3-pointers.
Tahj Tate led the Hornets (3-2) with 23 points. Delaware State has lost consecutive games after winning its first three.
- Tom Izzo caps Spartans' trip to Italy by playing accordion at dinner
- Los Angeles kicks off bid to host 2024 Olympics
- Johnny Manziel hoping rest heals hurting right elbow
- Urban Meyer 'has an idea' on starting QB, will play both throughout season
- Part of the outfield wall in Oakland came loose, because of course it did
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka arrested, charged in 1983 death of girlfriend
- Teenage takeover: Most teens in U.S. Open men's draw since 1990
- Kiké Hernandez wore a banana suit to rally Dodgers during their 14-inning win
- BDL 25: What the hell will the Dallas Mavericks even look like?
- Federer, Wozniacki, Halep secure easy wins
- Anze Kopitar, LA Kings significantly apart on contract talks
- Vladimir Putin teams up with Ovechkin and Malkin in hockey exhibition (Video)
- John Dodson ready to rid UFC of 'plague' in flyweight division
- Power Rankings: 10 to go in the Xfinity Series
- Kopitar negotiations update; Ryan's RV trek; Eichel's mega hockey card deal (Puck Headlines)
- Marek Vs. Wyshynski Podcast: Islanders architect Bill Torrey on Al Arbour