Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Vasquez embracing fresh start with Bucks
- Cardinals fire scouting director as drama thickens in MLB hacking scandal
- Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery, hits homer, wins at life
- Chargers tight end Antonio Gates suspended for failed PED test
- Slava Voynov pleads no contest to misdemeanor 'corporal injury to a spouse'
- Cowboys LB Rolando McClain suspended for substance abuse
- Monta Ellis gets $44 million to bring points, playmaking to Pacers
- Jets DT Sheldon Richardson suspended four games
- Dwyane Wade will return to the Miami Heat on a one-year contract
- Sources: Lakers get second meeting to pitch LaMarcus Aldridge; Heat also pursuing meeting
- Missouri high school will start girl at QB
- Sources: Suns clear cap room for LaMarcus Aldridge pursuit by trading three players
- The second coming? Vlad Guerrero Jr. signs with Blue Jays
- Rafael Nadal bounced from Wimbledon by qualifier
- Sources: Ed Davis agrees to $20 million deal with Trail Blazers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker