Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Colby Rasmus punctuates AL wild-card homer with a fun bat flip
- Who is Jessica Mendoza? ESPN's budding baseball broadcasting star
- Ronda Rousey's younger sister stars as Rousey in top-notch UFC 193 promo
- Kurt Rambis says Kristaps Porzingis is a combo of Pau and Dirk
- What will happen in the MLB wild-card games? Here are our predictions
- Ichiro Suzuki re-signs with Marlins, continues pursuit of 3,000 MLB hits
- Obituary of lifelong Yankees fan notes 85-year-old had no love for A-Rod
- When push comes to shove, Detroit Lions just fine getting shoved
- 10 hard truths entering Week 5
- Yankees bench $153 million man Jacoby Ellsbury for AL wild-card game
- NL wild card preview: Either the Cubs or the Pirates are going home early
- Greg Cosell's Week 4 review: Cowboys' mistakes cost them in OT loss
- LeBron James is back to wearing No. 6 in practice, as Miami awaits his return
- Pickups of the Week: Ronnie Hillman, Jay Cutler, Willie Snead and other priority adds