Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Botched U.S. handoff allows Bolt, Jamaica to win gold in 4x100 relay
- Unexpected ace helping power Cubs’ resurgence
- UFC reinstates Travis Browne after investigation is inconclusive
- Titans QB Marcus Mariota impresses again in third preseason game
- Patriots' offense, Tom Brady rally a bit after slow start to preseason
- Fantasy Football Ranks: Preseason '15
- On second thought, Robert Griffin III will sit out with concussion
- LSU OC Cam Cameron given 'clean bill of health' after cancer diagnosis
- Blake Swihart's inside-the-park homer helps Red Sox stop streaking Mets
- Injury to Robbie Lawler sends Ronda Rousey to Australia to headline UFC 193
- Vin Scully will return for 67th season in Dodgers television booth
- Nationals nix Jayson Werth bobblehead, were not satisfied with finished product
- Mario Hezonja lights up EuroBasket tune-up, daps opposing coach
- Tim Beckman: 'I will vigorously defend both my reputation and my legal rights'
- Fan suing Red Sox after suffering injuries from foul ball
- Pavel Medvedev scores nasty ‘lacrosse’ goal in KHL (Video)