Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Arrested FIFA officials face extradition to U.S.: NY Times
- CORRECTS: Swiss officials: 6 soccer officials arrested, suspected of getting, paying bribes
- Giants-Brewers Preview
- Cavs finish sweep of Hawks with ease, land 1st Finals berth since 2007
- Justin Verlander looks dominant in simulated game
- Dwight Howard won't be suspended for Warriors-Rockets Game 5
- Andy Reid says Eric Berry has completed cancer treatments
- Ken Hitchcock believes he has 'the tools and the expertise' to still guide Blues
- Matt Kemp keys Padres' 10th-inning rally past Angels, 4-0
- Astros-Orioles Preview
- David Price outpitches Jesse Chavez as Tigers beat Athletics
- NY Rangers rout Lightning, chase Bishop in Game 6 to avoid elimination
- Colin Kaepernick has social media faux pas, jokes about Houston flooding
- Shaquille O'Neal swears he'd be 'a Laker to this day' but for Karl Malone's 2004 knee injury
- The first batch of All-Star vote tallies are out and the Royals are dominating
- Why Jeremy Mincey is a perfect fit for the Cowboys' cast of hidden gems, gambles