Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Panthers OT Michael Oher not a big fan of 'The Blind Side'
- McHugh goes 7 innings, Astros beat Diamondbacks 4-1
- Overseas Elite wins $1 million in The Basketball Tournament
- Jets' Wilkerson leaves practice with tweaked hamstring
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Los Angeles Lakers
- Sam Bradford looks healthy, on track to start Eagles' preseason opener
- It's time to include Ronda Rousey in the 'Greatest of All Time' conversation
- Cech shines for Arsenal in Community Shield as Wenger finally beats Mourinho
- Rahal wins in Ohio, pulls within 9 points of Montoya
- Matt Kenseth stretches his fuel and steals a win at Pocono
- Michael Jordan (and kid) bests Jimmy Butler (and kid) at a shooting competition (Video)
- Matt Kenseth wins nutty Pocono race on fuel mileage
- Four impact players who could still be traded in August
- Here we go with more 'Chip Kelly is racist' controversy nonsense
- NFL officials supervisor on footballs: 'They could have a slow leak'
- Ronda Rousey KOs Bethe Correia in 34 seconds at UFC 190 title bout