Marquette beats Miss. St. 89-62 at Maui tournamentBy OSKAR GARCIA, Associated Press Tuesday, Nov 20, 2012
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn’t score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers—15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Browns bench Johnny Manziel after latest partying video surfaces
- LeBron James thinks we should compare great players less, appreciate them more
- Getting older but not fading away: NBA's top stars going extra mile to hold off Father Time
- Baseball's five best free-agent bargains of 2015
- Civilian review board: NYPD had no right to arrest Thabo Sefolosha
- Sources: Tim Lincecum is recovering well, expects to pitch in January showcase
- LeBron James is really leaning into this mustache thing
- Officiating mistakes hurt Patriots early, Bills at the end
- NFL Power Rankings: The Kansas City Chiefs have good shot at history
- Messi, Barcelona continue to entertain with 6-1 rout of Roma (Video)
- Report: MLB could play a series of games in London as early as 2017
- Pau Gasol and Joakim Noah are still trying to find their place on the Bulls
- Referee Gene Steratore's answer for final play in Bills-Patriots is guff
- Carmelo Anthony can travel all he wants, it hardly matters to the new-look Knicks
- South Carolina WR Pharoh Cooper heading to NFL, his father says