Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- Bryant assistant becomes Division I's first openly gay basketball coach
- Who's going all the way? Yahoo Sports predicts the 2015 MLB postseason
- Looming tax fraud trial for Lionel Messi just the latest drama for Barcelona
- Why Dustin Brown wasn’t suspended for ‘head butt’ on Logan Couture
- Blatter, Platini suspensions bring uncertainty to FIFA presidential election
- How Jake Arrieta guaranteed the Cubs' wild-card victory three weeks ago
- Sean Rodriguez attacks Gatorade jug in Pirates dugout, becomes glorious meme
- Déjà Oof: Pirates drop consecutive wild-card games in similar fashion
- Report: Dolphins fire defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle
- Report says Andrew Luck will not start for the Colts on Thursday night
- NFL to test boundary cameras at MetLife Stadium this season
- Reports: Maryland likely to fire coach Randy Edsall
- Jerry Jones doubles down on Greg Hardy's dumb 'guns blazing' comments
- NL wild card: Jake Arrieta shuts out Pirates as Cubs advance to the NLDS
- Patrick Kane one whistle away from awkwardly being banner night hero (Video)
- Sources: NBA to likely investigate Derek Fisher-Matt Barnes confrontation