Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- RG3's potential teams after Redskins exit: 4 bad fits, 1 ideal landing spot
- Daughter of Bills, Sabres owner wins U.S. Open debut
- Brandon Harris named LSU's starting quarterback
- Trent Richardson's NFL career on life support after Raiders cut him
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson to solidify outfield depth for stretch run
- Witness: Daly stopped breathing for 3 minutes after collapse
- Everett Golson to start at quarterback for Florida State
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum says MLB has come to a decision on reinstatement
- U.S. Open: Serena Williams advances to second round
- DeAndre Jordan leaves agent Dan Fegan after controversial summer
- Kevin Kiermaier proves he can fly, robs Manny Machado of a home run
- Kris Tamulis wins Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic for breakthrough after 186 starts
- Dicky Pride carried motivational note predicting Web.com Tour win
- Greyson Lambert named Georgia's starting QB
- Source: Veteran big man Chuck Hayes signs with Clippers