Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- Rockies-Diamondbacks Preview
- Still no international glory for Messi, and still no reason to let it tarnish his legacy
- Sources: Lakers finalizing terms on trade to acquire Pacers center Roy Hibbert
- Wimbledon Saturday: American Madison Keys reaches fourth round
- LaMarcus Aldridge solidifies Spurs' contender status, eases transition to future
- Sources: Bismack Biyombo agrees to contract with Raptors
- Bryce Harper homers using star-spangled bat on Fourth of July
- Miguel Cabrera makes first career trip to DL with strained left calf
- Kris Bryant homers twice, drives in six in big Cubs win
- Chile wins Copa America on PKs as Messi, Argentina come up short again
- England claims bronze medal after defeating Germany 1-0
- Woman suing Marlins after mascot 'shark attack'
- Sources: Clippers coach Doc Rivers to talk to JaVale McGee, Amar'e Stoudemire
- Jets owner Woody Johnson's $1 million gift gives houses to wounded vets
- Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge to sign $80 million contract with Spurs
- Sources: Rajon Rondo to sign one-year contract with Kings