Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- Golf-Delayed third round underway at weather-hit Byron Nelson
- Surging Giants take over first place in NL West
- Rangers lament limited chances in Game 7 loss to Lightning
- Ben Bishop sends Tampa to Stanley Cup Final with Game 7 shutout
- Rangers fan wears nacho cheese thanks to Prince Fielder foul ball
- Scott Skiles is the new head coach in Orlando, for better or worse
- Sepp Blatter wins FIFA re-election the old fashioned way
- Byron Maxwell guarantees Super Bowl 50 appearance for Eagles
- Cody Asche beats the shift to break up Chad Bettis' no-hit bid
- Derek Norris hits walkoff grand slam after striking out four times
- Stephen Strasburg leaves another start early as concerns grow
- Ranking the 2015 NBA draft's top senior prospects
- Warriors' Klay Thompson diagnosed with concussion, no timetable for return
- Bill Belichick, predictably, had nothing to say about deflate-gate
- Bill Laimbeer: 'There's no question I would take LeBron James' over Michael Jordan
- Why Bulls management could never accept Tom Thibodeau's success