Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- Cowboys' Tony Romo leaves game after re-injuring left clavicle in blowout loss to Panthers
- Chip Kelly's season still going downhill, and the biggest problem is familiar
- NFL Awards Watch: Cam Newton-Tom Brady MVP race isn't close yet
- Bowl projections, pre-Week 13 edition
- Bucks coach Jason Kidd ejected for slapping ball out of ref's hands
- Mike Pettine doesn't close door on Johnny Manziel being in Browns future
- The NCAA finally frees prized Kansas freshman Cheick Diallo
- Cubs release new renderings of plaza under construction outside Wrigley Field
- Jahlil Okafor's apparent street fight is more proof of 76ers' flawed rebuilding plan
- Wayne Selden's resurgence sparks Kansas to Maui title
- Hornets score 25 straight, hold Wizards to 6 fourth-quarter points in big win
- Family of Frank Gifford announces Hall of Famer had CTE
- Sidney Crosby feels stupid humoring Mario Lemieux feud rumor
- FSU official details number of rape allegations against football players
- Heisman watch: Who can make the best impression down the stretch?