Benimon’s 18 lift Towson over Kennesaw State 69-63Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
Kennesaw State’s Markeith Cummings had 13 points and became the school’s all-time leading scorer with 1,693, passing Herman Smith.
Benimon had 18 points and 13 rebounds against the Owls a day after posting 12 points and 16 rebounds against Eastern Kentucky. He also had five assists and three blocks Sunday.
Jerome Hairston (15 points), Rafriel Guthrie (12) and Mike Burwell (11) also scored in double figures for the Tigers (2-2).
Towson opened the first half with a 10-2 run, and Guthrie’s 3 with six seconds left in the half sent the Tigers to the tunnels up 36-21.
Kennesaw State (1-4) shot 36 percent (18 of 50) from the field to Towson’s 50 percent (22 of 44) and was outrebounded 31-24.
- Platini to stand for FIFA presidency
- Boston to blame for Olympic bid flop, says IOC's Bach
- Kang's homer sends Pirates to 8-7 win over Twins
- How NBA champ Festus Ezeli fell into basketball after emigrating from Nigeria at 14
- Eric Berry, diagnosed with cancer last year, cleared to practice with Chiefs
- Angels revamp OF depth by acquiring David Murphy and David DeJesus
- Sources: Nationals land closer Jonathan Papelbon
- Patriots and Tom Brady's agent not happy with Roger Goodell
- Michel Platini says he will run to succeed Sepp Blatter as FIFA president
- Booing has Australian footballer Goodes considering quitting
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Mookie Betts' non-catch gives Jose Abreu one of the strangest homers
- LeBron James on how long he'd last against Ronda Rousey: 'As long as she wanted me to last'
- Le'Veon Bell's suspension reduced from three games to two
- How Tom Brady can fight (and overturn) his suspension in court
- Tom Brady's destroyed cell phone is smoking gun that crushed the Patriots superstar