Illinois State throttles Delaware State 87-48Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Brown scored 14 points, Jon Ekey and Nick Zeisloft each chipped in with 11 and Illinois State had no problems with visiting Delaware State in an 87-48 rout for the Redbirds on Sunday afternoon.
Illinois State (3-0) shot 54.7 percent from the field, making 35 of 64 shot attempts including a 9 for 23 mark from behind the arc. Jordan Threloff scored nine points, had eight rebounds and added four assists to his stat total while Bryant Allen and Jackie Carmichael each had eight points.
Delaware State (3-1) had only one player in double figures with Miles Bowman scoring 10 points off the bench, going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field in 20 minutes of play. The Hornets had 22 turnovers and were outrebounded 42 to 28 by the Redbirds.
Illinois State put the game away in the first half, taking a 49-22 lead at the break.
- Warriors can live with Game 4 loss after Stephen Curry survives terrifying fall
- Lee happy to be team player in quest for individual goals
- Padres-Angels Preview
- Pujols' RBI single in 9th gives Angels 4-3 win over Padres
- Rockets use incredible 1st quarter, Harden's 45 to avoid Warriors sweep
- Matt Beleskey wins Game 5 OT thriller for Ducks after Blackhawks' rally
- Josh Hamilton a little rusty in return to Texas Rangers
- Greg Cosell's NFL analysis: Jameis Winston landed with a good coordinator
- Rebel soccer club on the rise in Manchester
- World Series of Poker starts this week with new events
- LEADING OFF: Reds skid, Texas rolls, Bradley aims to rebound
- Watch this fan in an American flag jacket snag a foul ball and dance ridiculously
- Jonathan Toews gives Chicago hope in spite of OT loss
- Ducks strike quickly; score two goals in 32 seconds against Chicago (Video)
- Real Madrid must make bold hire in replacing Carlo Ancelotti
- Chicago Bears look bad, cut Ray McDonald after latest arrest