Illinois State throttles Delaware State 87-48Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Brown scored 14 points, Jon Ekey and Nick Zeisloft each chipped in with 11 and Illinois State had no problems with visiting Delaware State in an 87-48 rout for the Redbirds on Sunday afternoon.
Illinois State (3-0) shot 54.7 percent from the field, making 35 of 64 shot attempts including a 9 for 23 mark from behind the arc. Jordan Threloff scored nine points, had eight rebounds and added four assists to his stat total while Bryant Allen and Jackie Carmichael each had eight points.
Delaware State (3-1) had only one player in double figures with Miles Bowman scoring 10 points off the bench, going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field in 20 minutes of play. The Hornets had 22 turnovers and were outrebounded 42 to 28 by the Redbirds.
Illinois State put the game away in the first half, taking a 49-22 lead at the break.
- Stanford shocks Notre Dame on last-second field goal
- Why this win over Michigan meant so much to Ohio State's Urban Meyer
- Alabama outlasts Auburn in strange, kick-heavy Iron Bowl
- Report: Byung-Ho Park traveling to U.S., deal expected with Twins
- Report: Gun pulled on 76ers' Jahlil Okafor in October incident in Philadelphia
- So. Miss defeats La. Tech 58-24 to claim C-USA West title
- Greg Cosell's Look Ahead: Broncos have new-look offense for new QB
- LSU beats Texas A&M; LSU AD says Les Miles will continue to be coach
- Tyson Fury ends Wladimir Klitschko's 11-year unbeaten streak, celebrates by singing Aerosmith
- Michigan State destroys Penn State, sets up date with Iowa for Big Ten title
- USC clinches Pac-12 South title with 40-21 win against UCLA
- Reports: Justin Fuente to succeed Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech
- Ohio State steamrolls Michigan 42-13
- Report: Jimbo Fisher tells FSU administration he has no desire to leave