Illinois State throttles Delaware State 87-48Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Brown scored 14 points, Jon Ekey and Nick Zeisloft each chipped in with 11 and Illinois State had no problems with visiting Delaware State in an 87-48 rout for the Redbirds on Sunday afternoon.
Illinois State (3-0) shot 54.7 percent from the field, making 35 of 64 shot attempts including a 9 for 23 mark from behind the arc. Jordan Threloff scored nine points, had eight rebounds and added four assists to his stat total while Bryant Allen and Jackie Carmichael each had eight points.
Delaware State (3-1) had only one player in double figures with Miles Bowman scoring 10 points off the bench, going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field in 20 minutes of play. The Hornets had 22 turnovers and were outrebounded 42 to 28 by the Redbirds.
Illinois State put the game away in the first half, taking a 49-22 lead at the break.
- Reports: Cardale Jones 'good' and out of hospital after headache
- Dunk History: LeBron James rises up and Damon Jones gets ‘banged on’
- McDavid vs. Eichel vs. can anyone else actually win the Calder?
- Report: There is 'universal' support for Roger Goodell among NFL owners
- Clayton Kershaw's 132-pitch masterpiece closes out Dodgers' sweep of Giants
- Wetzel to Forde podcast: Dissecting college football's opening weekend
- Seahawks' Frank Clark in group of 5 high-risk rookies showing promise as preseason nears end
- Djokovic dances with a fan on court after win
- The Clippers are planning to add a mascot, so here are some suggestions
- Judge rules for Tom Brady, overturns four-game deflate-gate suspension
- Boston TV host jokes about Roger Goodell's 'murder'
- Washington and Alaska Airlines reach stadium naming agreement
- Crazy Legs Gardner: Yankees affiliate unveils Brett Gardner bobble-leg doll
- Penguins 'racist' locker room prank revealed in Jarkko Ruutu’s book
- Clayton Kershaw goes the distance as Dodgers finish sweep of Giants
- No rest for the best: Serena practiced after her second-round win