Illinois State throttles Delaware State 87-48Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Brown scored 14 points, Jon Ekey and Nick Zeisloft each chipped in with 11 and Illinois State had no problems with visiting Delaware State in an 87-48 rout for the Redbirds on Sunday afternoon.
Illinois State (3-0) shot 54.7 percent from the field, making 35 of 64 shot attempts including a 9 for 23 mark from behind the arc. Jordan Threloff scored nine points, had eight rebounds and added four assists to his stat total while Bryant Allen and Jackie Carmichael each had eight points.
Delaware State (3-1) had only one player in double figures with Miles Bowman scoring 10 points off the bench, going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field in 20 minutes of play. The Hornets had 22 turnovers and were outrebounded 42 to 28 by the Redbirds.
Illinois State put the game away in the first half, taking a 49-22 lead at the break.
- Nike co-founder Knight will step down as chairman
- Blackhawks trade Saad to Blue Jackets
- Mets activate Daniel Murphy from DL
- Chicago Blackhawks deal Brandon Saad to Blue Jackets in trade shocker
- Josh Hamilton is back with the Rangers and things could get really interesting
- Reports: Daytona to hold Confederate flag exchange program
- Scottie Pippen: 'I was LeBron James before LeBron James'
- Your 2015 NBA free agent primer
- Trying to make hitting skid disappear, Maddon hires magician
- Mackanin to remain Phillies' manager for rest of season
- Daytona offers American flags in exchange program
- Book: Disdain for Yasiel Puig by Dodgers teammates no longer a secret
- UFC’s sponsorship deal with Reebok about more than a new look
- Brett Favre, now 45, says he thinks he could still play
- Tuesdays with Brownie: Astros' young sensation impressing veteran stars