Illinois State throttles Delaware State 87-48Sunday, Nov 18, 2012
NORMAL, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Brown scored 14 points, Jon Ekey and Nick Zeisloft each chipped in with 11 and Illinois State had no problems with visiting Delaware State in an 87-48 rout for the Redbirds on Sunday afternoon.
Illinois State (3-0) shot 54.7 percent from the field, making 35 of 64 shot attempts including a 9 for 23 mark from behind the arc. Jordan Threloff scored nine points, had eight rebounds and added four assists to his stat total while Bryant Allen and Jackie Carmichael each had eight points.
Delaware State (3-1) had only one player in double figures with Miles Bowman scoring 10 points off the bench, going a perfect 5 for 5 from the field in 20 minutes of play. The Hornets had 22 turnovers and were outrebounded 42 to 28 by the Redbirds.
Illinois State put the game away in the first half, taking a 49-22 lead at the break.
- Tony Parker: I want to play 20 seasons with the Spurs
- Texans' QB mess: Benched Ryan Mallett pouts, Brian Hoyer folds late
- Everything goes wrong for Blue Jays in Game 1 of ALDS
- Union and NBA working to fund cardiac screenings for ex-players
- Pete Rose criticizes Blue Jays players for not playing through playoff injuries
- Jury begins deliberations in Thabo Sefolosha-NYPD trial
- ALDS Game 1: Rangers bats get to Blue Jays ace David Price in 5-3 win
- Josh Donaldson removed from Game 1 of ALDS after taking knee to the head
- Washington upsets USC 17-12 to end Trojans playoff hopes
- ALDS Game 1: Astros offense jumps on Royals early in 5-2 win
- Learn their name: Rangers announce their postseason presence with ALDS Game 1 win
- NLDS preview: Cubs and Cardinals prep for first-ever postseason clash
- Sources: Jazz forward Trevor Booker suspended one game by NBA
- More alleged details emerge in the reported Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher altercation
- BDL's 2015-16 NBA Season Previews: Phoenix Suns
- Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre leaves playoff game in tears with injury