The Blue Demons’ press forced 27 turnovers in their second game in the Cancun Challenge.
Melvin, the 2010-11 Big East rookie of the year, was 11 of 18 from the field and grabbed eight rebounds. Moses Morgan added 15 points for DePaul (2-1).
Anthony Campbell led Austin Peay (1-2) with 17 points.
The Blue Demons shot 51.3 percent from the field and 9 of 23 from 3-point range. DePaul never trailed and built a 58-30 halftime lead.
DePaul took an 8-0 lead. The Governors pulled to within 10-9, but the Blue Devils went on a 22-4 run and Melvin’s 3-pointer later extended the lead to 39-16 with 6:47 left before halftime. Young hit a layup to give DePaul a 30-point lead with 1:23 remaining.
- Doctors suggest limiting Matt Harvey to 180 innings: Will it impact Mets postseason push?
- Source: Glen Davis out 8-12 weeks after ankle surgery
- Georgia WR Justin Scott-Wesley doubtful to play in 2015
- Despite criticism, Nats' GM says Matt Williams 'did a masterful job' Tuesday
- Random Recap: The 1951 Southern 500
- Puck Daddy Power Rankings: Trading Patrick Kane, Trashing Tyler Seguin
- Washington Capitals: Puck Daddy’s 2015-16 NHL Season Preview
- The Big Ten Network released 'tradition' videos for (almost) all of its teams
- QB Treon Harris will start season opener for Florida
- Peyton Manning on if 2015 is last season: 'I don't have those thoughts'
- StewPod#15: We've got your September MLB predictions right here
- Evander Kane wins back girlfriend after LA billboard stunt (Video)
- Random NBA Players: Darius Miles
- Serena Williams gets a scare before advancing in the U.S. Open
- Report: Kyle Flood was told not to contact faculty member