The Blue Demons’ press forced 27 turnovers in their second game in the Cancun Challenge.
Melvin, the 2010-11 Big East rookie of the year, was 11 of 18 from the field and grabbed eight rebounds. Moses Morgan added 15 points for DePaul (2-1).
Anthony Campbell led Austin Peay (1-2) with 17 points.
The Blue Demons shot 51.3 percent from the field and 9 of 23 from 3-point range. DePaul never trailed and built a 58-30 halftime lead.
DePaul took an 8-0 lead. The Governors pulled to within 10-9, but the Blue Devils went on a 22-4 run and Melvin’s 3-pointer later extended the lead to 39-16 with 6:47 left before halftime. Young hit a layup to give DePaul a 30-point lead with 1:23 remaining.
- NFL Live Blog: Follow Week 12 action with the Shutdown Corner team
- Oklahoma moves to No. 3 in AP poll
- How Nick Saban's dominance impacted coaching futures of Mark Richt, Les Miles
- Georgia fires coach Mark Richt after 15 seasons
- Anthony Rizzo forms strong bond with teen battling cancer
- Eli Manning's horrendous game makes NFC East even murkier
- Forde's Fab Four: Where normalcy finally reigns
- Scoring change gives BYU star NCAA's career triple-double record
- Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season
- After 1-5 start, the Chiefs are now in the driver's seat for a wild card
- Texans' J.J. Watt, reaching 70-mark, on insane sack pace at age 26
- Vikings don't forget to feed Adrian Peterson, and — stunner — he dominates
- The Catch, Part II? Odell Beckham Jr. makes another circus catch
- On Vin Scully's 88th birthday, enjoy our favorite Vin moments from 2015
- Matt Campbell named coach at Iowa State