The Blue Demons’ press forced 27 turnovers in their second game in the Cancun Challenge.
Melvin, the 2010-11 Big East rookie of the year, was 11 of 18 from the field and grabbed eight rebounds. Moses Morgan added 15 points for DePaul (2-1).
Anthony Campbell led Austin Peay (1-2) with 17 points.
The Blue Demons shot 51.3 percent from the field and 9 of 23 from 3-point range. DePaul never trailed and built a 58-30 halftime lead.
DePaul took an 8-0 lead. The Governors pulled to within 10-9, but the Blue Devils went on a 22-4 run and Melvin’s 3-pointer later extended the lead to 39-16 with 6:47 left before halftime. Young hit a layup to give DePaul a 30-point lead with 1:23 remaining.
- Rebel soccer club on the rise in Manchester
- World Series of Poker starts this week with new events
- LEADING OFF: Reds skid, Texas rolls, Bradley aims to rebound
- Watch this fan in an American flag jacket snag a foul ball and dance ridiculously
- Jonathan Toews gives Chicago hope in spite of OT loss
- Ducks strike quickly; score two goals in 32 seconds against Chicago (Video)
- Josh Hamilton a little rusty in return to Texas Rangers
- Greg Cosell's NFL analysis: Jameis Winston landed with a good coordinator
- Lee happy to be team player in quest for individual goals
- Padres-Angels Preview
- Pujols' RBI single in 9th gives Angels 4-3 win over Padres
- Rockets use incredible 1st quarter, Harden's 45 to avoid Warriors sweep
- Matt Beleskey wins Game 5 OT thriller for Ducks after Blackhawks' rally
- Stephen Curry falls to floor, leaves Warriors-Rockets Game 4 with head contusion
- Real Madrid must make bold hire in replacing Carlo Ancelotti
- Chicago Bears look bad, cut Ray McDonald after latest arrest