Cosey, Eastern Kentucky beat Kennesaw State 85-71Friday, Nov 16, 2012
The junior guard, who played two seasons at Columbus State Community College in Ohio, made two 3-pointers and a layup during an 14-7 run that gave the Colonels (2-0) a 50-41 lead with 12:43 left in the game.
Cosey added six points and Eric Stutz five during a late 11-4 run that stretched the lead to 85-66.
Markeith Cummings scored 22 points to lead the Owls (1-2), and Delbert Love scored 11 of his 12 points in the first half, which ended with Eastern Kentucky ahead 36-33 after eight lead changes.
The Colonels took advantage of 18 Kennesaw State turnovers while committing just 10 of their own.
The game was part of the Comfort Suites Invitational, a round-robin involving five teams.
- Packers LB Clay Matthews misses practice (knee soreness)
- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks at swim championships
- Hosszu sets 200m medley world record
- Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer suspended six games for assault arrest
- One of Chip Kelly's biggest problems with Eagles: culture shock
- Tiger Woods closes Quicken Loans National with modest 68
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Los Angeles Lakers
- Sam Bradford looks healthy, on track to start Eagles' preseason opener
- Missing Special Olympics athlete turns up 350 miles away
- High divers keep rebel spirit in bid to join establishment
- Panthers DT Lotulelei carted off field with foot soreness
- Justin Upton struck out four times ... on just 12 pitches
- The Blue Jays and Royals do not like each other after near brawl
- Matt Kenseth wins nutty Pocono race on fuel mileage
- Four impact players who could still be traded in August
- It's time to include Ronda Rousey in the 'Greatest of All Time' conversation