Kendall Gray scored 17 points to push Delaware State to 3-0 this season.
Wagner’s Jonathon Williams made a layup as time expired to tie the game at 66-all in regulation.
Gray also accumulated 8 blocks and 7 assists for the Hornets.
Also scoring in double figures were Justin May with 14 points and Tahj Tate with 13.
Williams led Wagner (0-1) with 19 points, Kenneth Ortiz and Latif Rivers had 12 apiece, and Naofall Folahan scored 11.
Wagner led 69-66 with 2:32 to go in the overtime on Orlando Parker’s free throw, but that would be the final point for the Seahawks. Tate’s layup pulled the Hornets to 69-68, and Tyshawn Bell made a 3-pointer with 59 seconds remaining in the game to put Delaware State ahead for good.
- NFL Power Rankings: Which 4-0 team is most likely to miss the playoffs?
- Angels new GM Billy Eppler believes in analytics ... when used properly
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- Ronda Rousey to co-anchor SportsCenter on Oct. 7
- Stephen A. Smith responds to Kevin Durant: 'You don’t want to make an enemy out of me'
- George Karl is sorry for saying DeMarcus Cousins was tradable
- Kam Chancellor's huge play saves the struggling Seattle Seahawks
- Officials miss call on Calvin Johnson fumble that costs Lions a potential win
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- AL wild card preview: It's youth against experience when Astros meet Yankees
- NHL acknowledges it has a cocaine problem among players
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'I might as well just go ahead and retire'
- Cher tweets support for Nick Diaz after his five-year ban for marijuana usage