Bryce Cotton added 24 points in a dynamic performance for the Friars (2-0).
A strong first half gave the Friars a 47-21 advantage at the break. Batts had 23 of Providence’s points in the opening 20 minutes, making 10 of 11 shots from the field and single-handedly outscoring the Bulldogs (0-2).
Bryant struggled on offense, missing its first 12 attempts from 3-point range and shooting just 7-of-22 in the half.
The Bulldogs cut their deficit to 16 points, 50-34, in the second half as the Friars went cold, but they recovered, as Cotton and LaDontae Henton stepped up for a combined 18 second-half points.
Alex Francis led the Bulldogs with 13 points and Frankie Dobbs contributed 12.
- Mets explode in extras, retain lead in National League East
- Sources: Kings sign Marshall Henderson
- Brandon Jennings is cool with coming off the Pistons bench
- Christian Ehrhoff signing adds more Slava Voynov questions for LA Kings
- StewPod #14: Who is the real American League MVP?
- Can Ohio State repeat as national champions? (video)
- Joey Harrington on why college athletes shouldn't be paid (podcast)
- Florida OT Martez Ivey to have arthroscopic surgery
- Cody Franson, Buffalo Sabres nearing 2-year contract deal?
- This Miguel Sano monster shot was robbed by the catwalk in Tampa
- Ken Griffey Jr. catches fish and rides a moped in new Macklemore video
- Change of scenery: Cubs acquire Fernando Rodney to shore up bullpen
- Shaq and Kobe say they regret their past actions. Some of them, at least.
- Serena Williams says she's ready to go
- Jim McElwain will play 2 quarterbacks in Florida's season opener
- Report: Kyrie Irving's broken knee cap could keep him out until January