Bryce Cotton added 24 points in a dynamic performance for the Friars (2-0).
A strong first half gave the Friars a 47-21 advantage at the break. Batts had 23 of Providence’s points in the opening 20 minutes, making 10 of 11 shots from the field and single-handedly outscoring the Bulldogs (0-2).
Bryant struggled on offense, missing its first 12 attempts from 3-point range and shooting just 7-of-22 in the half.
The Bulldogs cut their deficit to 16 points, 50-34, in the second half as the Friars went cold, but they recovered, as Cotton and LaDontae Henton stepped up for a combined 18 second-half points.
Alex Francis led the Bulldogs with 13 points and Frankie Dobbs contributed 12.
- Golfer Watson to paint over Confederate flag on 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- Serena survives at Wimbledon, will meet Venus next
- U.S. and Japan exchange mild trash talk ahead of World Cup final
- Alex Rodriguez will receive his 3,000th hit ball from Zack Hample
- Wimbledon Friday: Novak Djokovic cruises into fourth round
- Bubba Watson to paint over Confederate flag on General Lee
- Russell Wilson talks contract, baseball on 'Kimmel' (Videos)
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker
- Alex Rodriguez, Yankees finally settle dispute over milestone bonus
- Becky Hammon will serve as head coach for San Antonio's Summer League entrant
- Sources: Robin Lopez agrees to four-year, $54 million deal with Knicks
- Canucks invite giant 6-foot-9 goaltender to development camp (Photos)
- Connor McDavid officially shakes on entry level deal with Oilers
- Jonathan Toews gets ultimate honor of having beer named after him
- The baseball player so good they’re making another movie about him
- Free-agent roundup: Day 2 brings Wade resolution and Aldridge adjustments