Bryce Cotton added 24 points in a dynamic performance for the Friars (2-0).
A strong first half gave the Friars a 47-21 advantage at the break. Batts had 23 of Providence’s points in the opening 20 minutes, making 10 of 11 shots from the field and single-handedly outscoring the Bulldogs (0-2).
Bryant struggled on offense, missing its first 12 attempts from 3-point range and shooting just 7-of-22 in the half.
The Bulldogs cut their deficit to 16 points, 50-34, in the second half as the Friars went cold, but they recovered, as Cotton and LaDontae Henton stepped up for a combined 18 second-half points.
Alex Francis led the Bulldogs with 13 points and Frankie Dobbs contributed 12.
- Chand aims to qualify for Rio Olympics after CAS verdict
- Beasley still interested in playing for national team
- CA independent teams to have computer call balls and strikes
- Troy Tulowitzki sent to Blue Jays in shocking trade
- Robert Allenby's ex-caddie doesn't believe former boss' Hawaii story
- Seau family not happy Hall of Fame preventing Sydney from speaking
- Ready to sell? Red Sox make first move, deal Shane Victorino to Angels
- NFL's latest deflate-gate move could make its punishment of Tom Brady, Pats laughable
- 'Dead in water' U.S. team expects slow start in Kazan
- AP source: Rockies trade SS Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays
- Phillies-Blue Jays Preview
- Amir Johnson found it hard to find an available jersey number with the Celtics
- Arizona Cardinals hire NFL's first-ever female coaching intern
- Mets going in? New York picks up Tyler Clippard from Athletics
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Shutdown Countdown: Eagles riding the Chip Kelly experiment