Chris Otule added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting for Marquette in his first game since suffering a season-ending knee injury eight games into last season.
Murphy Burnatowski led Colgate (0-2) with 24 points. Pat Moore added 16.
It was Marquette’s season opener after its game against No. 4 Ohio State aboard the USS Yorktown in South Carolina was cancelled Friday night due to condensation on the floor.
The Golden Eagles never trailed against the Raiders. They led 42-31 at halftime and pulled away late, using a 12-4 run starting with 15:04 minutes left to take a 66-46 lead with 10:39 remaining. Colgate got no closer than 15 the rest of the way.
- Rockies activate Axford from family emergency list
- Sources: Lakers finalizing terms on trade to acquire Pacers center Roy Hibbert
- Wimbledon Saturday: American Madison Keys reaches fourth round
- LaMarcus Aldridge solidifies Spurs' contender status, eases transition to future
- Sources: Bismack Biyombo agrees to contract with Raptors
- Bryce Harper homers using star-spangled bat on Fourth of July
- Miguel Cabrera makes first career trip to DL with strained left calf
- Rajon Rondo gets a shot to rebuild his reputation with the ever-confusing Kings
- Chile wins Copa America on PKs as Messi, Argentina come up short again
- England claims bronze medal after defeating Germany 1-0
- Woman suing Marlins after mascot 'shark attack'
- Sources: Clippers coach Doc Rivers to talk to JaVale McGee, Amar'e Stoudemire
- Jets owner Woody Johnson's $1 million gift gives houses to wounded vets
- Sources: LaMarcus Aldridge to sign $80 million contract with Spurs
- Anibal Sanchez dominates Blue Jays, but Tigers lose Miguel Cabrera to injury
- Sources: Rajon Rondo to sign one-year contract with Kings