Chris Otule added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting for Marquette in his first game since suffering a season-ending knee injury eight games into last season.
Murphy Burnatowski led Colgate (0-2) with 24 points. Pat Moore added 16.
It was Marquette’s season opener after its game against No. 4 Ohio State aboard the USS Yorktown in South Carolina was cancelled Friday night due to condensation on the floor.
The Golden Eagles never trailed against the Raiders. They led 42-31 at halftime and pulled away late, using a 12-4 run starting with 15:04 minutes left to take a 66-46 lead with 10:39 remaining. Colgate got no closer than 15 the rest of the way.
- Kobe Bryant announces that he will retire at the end of this season
- NFL Winners and Losers: Is Matt Ryan still a franchise quarterback?
- Oklahoma moves to No. 3 in AP poll
- Ben Roethlisberger in concussion protocol as Steelers botch game late
- How Nick Saban's dominance impacted coaching futures of Mark Richt, Les Miles
- Vikings don't forget to feed Adrian Peterson, and — stunner — he dominates
- The Catch, Part II? Odell Beckham Jr. makes another circus catch
- On Vin Scully's 88th birthday, enjoy our favorite Vin moments from 2015
- NFL Live Blog: Follow Week 12 action with the Shutdown Corner team
- MLB’s market has changed and Jordan Zimmermann’s contract is proof
- NBA stars past and present react to Kobe Bryant's retirement
- After 1-5 start, the Chiefs are now in the driver's seat for a wild card
- Texans' J.J. Watt, reaching 70-mark, on insane sack pace at age 26
- Anthony Rizzo forms strong bond with teen battling cancer
- Eli Manning's horrendous game makes NFC East even murkier