Chris Otule added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting for Marquette in his first game since suffering a season-ending knee injury eight games into last season.
Murphy Burnatowski led Colgate (0-2) with 24 points. Pat Moore added 16.
It was Marquette’s season opener after its game against No. 4 Ohio State aboard the USS Yorktown in South Carolina was cancelled Friday night due to condensation on the floor.
The Golden Eagles never trailed against the Raiders. They led 42-31 at halftime and pulled away late, using a 12-4 run starting with 15:04 minutes left to take a 66-46 lead with 10:39 remaining. Colgate got no closer than 15 the rest of the way.
- Giants-Rockies Preview
- Goldschmidt's clutch HR, Ahmed's hit gives Arizona win
- At 42, Bartolo Colon shines with guile and precision pitches
- Dominant LeBron's near-triple-double leads Kyrie-less Cavs to 2-0 lead over Hawks
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll (left knee sprain) to start Game 2 vs. Cavaliers
- UNC basketball’s biggest threat to title hopes could be postseason ban
- Lakers GM: Kobe Bryant could retire after next season
- Will Smith suspended eight games by MLB for foreign substance on his arm
- Padres-Dodgers Preview
- LEADING OFF: Kluber's on a roll, Burnett vs Harvey
- Belt's HR helps Giants beat Rockies, 11-8
- Rick Nash scores twice as Rangers even series with Lightning
- Kyrie Irving (left knee tendinitis) out for Hawks-Cavaliers Game 2
- NFL denies NFLPA request for Goodell recusal in Brady appeal
- Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao pass all drug tests
- With no NFL interest, Michael Sam will play in the CFL