Chris Otule added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting for Marquette in his first game since suffering a season-ending knee injury eight games into last season.
Murphy Burnatowski led Colgate (0-2) with 24 points. Pat Moore added 16.
It was Marquette’s season opener after its game against No. 4 Ohio State aboard the USS Yorktown in South Carolina was cancelled Friday night due to condensation on the floor.
The Golden Eagles never trailed against the Raiders. They led 42-31 at halftime and pulled away late, using a 12-4 run starting with 15:04 minutes left to take a 66-46 lead with 10:39 remaining. Colgate got no closer than 15 the rest of the way.
- The Redskins are a trainwreck that keeps on piling up (podcast)
- Report: David Feherty, CBS Sports part ways after failed contract talks
- The Rockies may have lost Tuesday, but they turned a triple play
- Andrew Wiggins dunks on Andres Nocioni at FIBA Americas
- Virtual reality training for QBs is the NFL's new wave (and it's pretty cool)
- An independent league team is putting Ozzie Guillen back in the dugout
- Ronda Rousey responds to soldier who asked her to Marine Corps Ball
- Kansas awaits NCAA decision on five-star Cheick Diallo's eligibility
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira retires a legend, even if there wasn't a happy ending
- This is what happens when ballet meets bicycles
- Memphis announces suspensions from Miami Beach Bowl brawl
- College football's top 50 breakout players for 2015