Chris Otule added 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting for Marquette in his first game since suffering a season-ending knee injury eight games into last season.
Murphy Burnatowski led Colgate (0-2) with 24 points. Pat Moore added 16.
It was Marquette’s season opener after its game against No. 4 Ohio State aboard the USS Yorktown in South Carolina was cancelled Friday night due to condensation on the floor.
The Golden Eagles never trailed against the Raiders. They led 42-31 at halftime and pulled away late, using a 12-4 run starting with 15:04 minutes left to take a 66-46 lead with 10:39 remaining. Colgate got no closer than 15 the rest of the way.
- Harden has big 4th quarter; Rockets beat Clippers 115-109
- Braden Holtby stops penalty shot, stuffs Rangers in Caps' Game 4 win
- LeBron fights back with 33 to lead Cavs to Game 2 win over Bulls, tie series
- McIlroy: Jordan Spieth is just the latest of my rivals
- Lionel Messi adds to his legend by leading Barcelona past Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bryce Harper smashes three home runs in first three at-bats
- Long-awaited deflate-gate investigation implicates Pats, Tom Brady
- LeSean McCoy says Chip Kelly got rid of 'all the black players'
- Watch Shaquille O'Neal fall down, over and over again
- Twins' Eddie Rosario homers on first pitch he sees in MLB career
- Tyler Johnson's Game 3 buzzer beater puts Canadiens on the brink
- The last-minute results are in, and NBA referees are actually quite good at their job
- Tom Brady Sr. on Wells Report: 'This was Framegate right from the beginning'
- 'Tom sucks': A breakdown of text messages in the deflate-gate report
- Remembering Babe Ruth’s first major-league home run – 100 years ago
- Ernie Johnson gives his Sports Emmy to Stuart Scott's daughters