CHICAGO (AP)—Brandon Young scored 20 points and Cleveland Melvin added 16 as DePaul opened its 90th season of basketball with a 91-59 victory over UC-Riverside on Friday night.
Playing a rare game at on-campus McGrath-Phillips Arena, the Blue Demons pulled away in the second half, as they turned a 10-point halftime lead into a 24-point advantage with 12:08 showing in the second.
The Highlanders never got closer than 18 while the Blue Demons’ lead topped 30 points with a late 3-pointer from Stuart Pirri as reserves closed out the game.
Josh Fox scored 17 points while Austin Quick added 15 for UC-Riverside. Robert Smith, the Highlanders’ top returning scorer, closed with nine. He sat out much of the second half with a leg injury.
- Bruce Jenner completes transition to Caitlyn in Vanity Fair
- Blue Jays-Nationals postponed, so is Bautista's return to OF
- Dodgers transfer Carl Crawford to 60-day disabled list
- Faldo changes mind, will make 2017 his last Open Championship
- Warriors guard Klay Thompson returns to practice
- UAB reinstates its football program (Updated)
- Mats Zuccarello temporarily lost ability to talk and move arm after taking puck to head
- Cam Newton will finally get his mega-deal from the Carolina Panthers
- Caitlyn Jenner to receive courage award at ESPYs
- White Sox-Rangers Preview
- Top prospect Gallo headed to Rangers for injured Beltre
- Mariano Rivera seems happy, fulfilled in retirement
- The top five homers of May, starring Giancarlo Stanton over and over again
- If Buffalo Bills won't sign Ray Rice, will anyone in the NFL?
- American Pharoah's brilliant final workout inflates Triple Crown hopes
- 10 Degrees: Trade season will be a test for Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr.