CHICAGO (AP)—Brandon Young scored 20 points and Cleveland Melvin added 16 as DePaul opened its 90th season of basketball with a 91-59 victory over UC-Riverside on Friday night.
Playing a rare game at on-campus McGrath-Phillips Arena, the Blue Demons pulled away in the second half, as they turned a 10-point halftime lead into a 24-point advantage with 12:08 showing in the second.
The Highlanders never got closer than 18 while the Blue Demons’ lead topped 30 points with a late 3-pointer from Stuart Pirri as reserves closed out the game.
Josh Fox scored 17 points while Austin Quick added 15 for UC-Riverside. Robert Smith, the Highlanders’ top returning scorer, closed with nine. He sat out much of the second half with a leg injury.
- Blake Swihart's inside-the-park homer helps Red Sox stop streaking Mets
- Injury to Robbie Lawler sends Ronda Rousey to Australia to headline UFC 193
- Vin Scully will return for 67th season in Dodgers television booth
- Nationals nix Jayson Werth bobblehead, were not satisfied with finished product
- Mario Hezonja lights up EuroBasket tune-up, daps opposing coach
- Tim Beckman: 'I will vigorously defend both my reputation and my legal rights'
- Fan suing Red Sox after suffering injuries from foul ball
- Pavel Medvedev scores nasty ‘lacrosse’ goal in KHL (Video)
- Unexpected ace helping power Cubs’ resurgence
- UFC reinstates Travis Browne after investigation is inconclusive
- Titans QB Marcus Mariota impresses again in third preseason game
- Patriots' offense, Tom Brady rally a bit after slow start to preseason
- Fantasy Football Ranks: Preseason '15
- On second thought, Robert Griffin III will sit out with concussion
- LSU OC Cam Cameron given 'clean bill of health' after cancer diagnosis
- Devin Setoguchi comes to Maple Leafs with right attitude after 'wrong turn'