Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Maurice Jones-Drew calls it a career
- NASCAR: Kurt Busch still suspended despite lack of charges
- Yankees GM says Derek Jeter should be team's last captain
- Neuroscience or NFL? It's both for draft prospect Laken Tomlinson
- Giants TE Larry Donnell OK after his plane skids off runway at LaGuardia
- Kevin Garnett rips Nuggets: 'They quit on Brian Shaw. I thought they'd quit again'
- Kurt Busch won't be criminally charged after domestic assault accusations
- LeBron answers Valanciunas flagrant with huge 4th, pushes Cavs past Raptors
- Sources: Celtics’ talks with JaVale McGee fall through because of contract option
- Chicago student wins $10,000 shooting-contest bet with Bulls' Jimmy Butler
- Why Jose Iglesias may be the happiest Tiger of all
- Patriots fail to pick up Vince Wilfork's option, ending an era
- Report: Chicago Bears trying to shop WR Brandon Marshall
- Greg Cosell's analysis: Breaking down the Eagles-Bills trade
- Adam Sandler, Bob Barker renew their 'Happy Gilmore' feud
- CP3 goes nuts as DeAndre doesn't shoot, Clippers lose to Blazers in OT