Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Belt's HR helps Giants beat Rockies, 11-8
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Orioles-Marlins Preview
- Dominant LeBron's near-triple-double leads Kyrie-less Cavs to 2-0 lead over Hawks
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll (left knee sprain) to start Game 2 vs. Cavaliers
- UNC basketball’s biggest threat to title hopes could be postseason ban
- Lakers GM: Kobe Bryant could retire after next season
- Will Smith suspended eight games by MLB for foreign substance on his arm
- Cardinals-Royals Preview
- Twins-White Sox Preview
- Phillies-Nationals Preview
- Rick Nash scores twice as Rangers even series with Lightning
- Kyrie Irving (left knee tendinitis) out for Hawks-Cavaliers Game 2
- NFL denies NFLPA request for Goodell recusal in Brady appeal
- Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao pass all drug tests
- With no NFL interest, Michael Sam will play in the CFL