Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- NBA playoffs schedule, round 1: Heat vs Bobcats
- SB Nation's NBA Playoff bracket
- WWE wrestlers in Saudi Arabia for live matches
- Pistorius trial adjourns until May, state mauls forensic expert
- Which golf club scares you the most?
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Diyas reaches 1st WTA quarterfinals since 2012
- Nadal eases into Monte Carlo Masters quarterfinals
- Joyner-Kersee trains with Palestinian women
- Cibulkova reaches Malaysian Open quarterfinals
- Forensic expert faulted at Pistorius trial
- NBA playoff schedule 2014, round 1: Bulls vs. Wizards
- Rosberg expects another tight race in Shanghai
- Westwood takes early lead at Malaysian Open
- Sublime Suarez is just one star leading Liverpool's title charge this season
- Dwayne Bowe resolves marijuana case, pleads to lesser charges