Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Rookie Wisler, Braves end drought against Nationals, 4-1
- Walker homers twice as Pirates pound Tigers 9-3
- Joey Butler spoils Carlos Carrasco's no-hit bid with two outs in ninth
- Stoppage time own goal sinks England against Japan in World Cup semi
- Report: Paul Millsap returns to Hawks for three years, $58 million
- Sources: Iman Shumpert agrees to $40 million contract with Cavaliers
- On Phil Kessel, Jim Rutherford and silencing the haters
- CoCo Vandeweghe calls Carmelo Anthony 'soft'
- Hernandez, Anderson lead Dodgers past Diamondbacks, 4-3
- Altuve helps Astros sweep Royals with 6-5 win
- Paul Pierce gives Clippers another scoring option, championship pedigree
- Winners & Losers on Day 1 of NHL Free Agency
- Matt Beleskey takes surprisingly reasonable five year, $19-million deal with Bruins
- Angels name Bill Stoneman interim general manager
- The Lakers lost out on LaMarcus Aldridge by being the Lakers
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker