Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Harden has big 4th quarter; Rockets beat Clippers 115-109
- Braden Holtby stops penalty shot, stuffs Rangers in Caps' Game 4 win
- LeBron fights back with 33 to lead Cavs to Game 2 win over Bulls, tie series
- McIlroy: Jordan Spieth is just the latest of my rivals
- Lionel Messi adds to his legend by leading Barcelona past Bayern Munich (Video)
- Bryce Harper smashes three home runs in first three at-bats
- Long-awaited deflate-gate investigation implicates Pats, Tom Brady
- LeSean McCoy says Chip Kelly got rid of 'all the black players'
- Watch Shaquille O'Neal fall down, over and over again
- Twins' Eddie Rosario homers on first pitch he sees in MLB career
- Tyler Johnson's Game 3 buzzer beater puts Canadiens on the brink
- The last-minute results are in, and NBA referees are actually quite good at their job
- Tom Brady Sr. on Wells Report: 'This was Framegate right from the beginning'
- 'Tom sucks': A breakdown of text messages in the deflate-gate report
- Remembering Babe Ruth’s first major-league home run – 100 years ago
- Ernie Johnson gives his Sports Emmy to Stuart Scott's daughters