Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Clayton Kershaw's 132-pitch masterpiece closes out Dodgers' sweep of Giants
- Wetzel to Forde podcast: Dissecting college football's opening weekend
- Seahawks' Frank Clark in group of 5 high-risk rookies showing promise as preseason nears end
- Djokovic dances with a fan on court after win
- Chris Davis' walk-off home run wakes up sleeping fan at Orioles Park
- Foul ball comes to eat, destroys Rangers fan's nachos
- Wife of Redskins GM apologizes for inappropriate tweets about ESPN reporter
- Ruben Tejada gets inside-the-park homer after Domonic Brown tumbles over wall
- Crazy Legs Gardner: Yankees affiliate unveils Brett Gardner bobble-leg doll
- Penguins 'racist' locker room prank revealed in Jarkko Ruutu’s book
- Clayton Kershaw goes the distance as Dodgers finish sweep of Giants
- No rest for the best: Serena practiced after her second-round win
- Report: Cardale Jones 'good' after being taken to hospital for headache
- Don't expect to see any veterans do mid-match interviews
- Rafa, Venus survive second round
- Cam Newton's little brother might be a big deal