Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Kentucky will be tested by heavyweight Final Four field
- Wisconsin stars strike back at those who doubted the Big Ten
- Michigan State clinches Tom Izzo's most unlikely Final Four appearance
- Craig Sager's leukemia has returned, according to his son
- Hamlin holds off Keselowski, survives wild Martinsville race
- Rick Barnes says he wanted to stay as Texas coach
- Sam Dekker's crazy three looked like his title-winning shot in high school
- Australia beats NZ to win its 5th Cricket World Cup title
- Michigan State's trip to Final Four an exhausting, emotional journey for Travis Trice and his family
- Duke adds to its mystique with Coach K's 12th Final Four at Gonzaga's expense
- George H.W. Bush shows support for Duke in Houston
- South Carolina earns 1st Final Four berth, beats FSU 80-74
- Several players unable to crack world top 50 to earn Masters invite
- Alabama dismisses DL Jonathan Taylor after Saturday arrest
- Last-second fantasy baseball draft tips & tricks with Andy Behrens
- Pacers get back in playoff chase with 104-99 win over Dallas