Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Did Les Miles tell boosters Saturday was his last game at LSU?
- Stedman Bailey expected to survive, according to Rams coach Jeff Fisher
- Houston seals AAC West with 52-31 win over Navy
- Tony Romo done for 2015, will he be a top QB when we see him in 2016?
- Heat focused on forging a legacy after LeBron
- Connor McDavid healing thyself faster than Oilers expected
- Jahlil Okafor's apparent street fight is more proof of 76ers' flawed rebuilding plan
- Texas Tech uses fake kneel down to score game-winning TD (Video)
- Report: Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig involved in a fight at a Miami club
- Jason Kidd suspended for one game after slapping the ball out of a ref's hands
- Athletics' Sean Doolittle hosted 17 Syrian refugee families for Thanksgiving
- Jerry West on Draymond Green: 'If he’s not a top-10 player in this league, I don’t know who is'
- NFL against the spread picks: Denver Broncos for the upset
- Ohio governor asks residents to not wear khakis on Saturday
- Tom Brady thankful he can dress as a giant turkey, frighten his kids
- Week 12 Start/Sit: Down with Browns' McCown