Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Pete Rose joins FOX Sports as a baseball analyst
- Buckeyes set spring game record as staggering number of fans pack Ohio Stadium
- Floyd Mayweather on Conor McGregor's taunt: He's a joke
- Chelsea shows its championship qualities in 1-0 win over Man United
- Orioles place Jonathan Schoop on DL with right knee injury
- Golf-Merritt leads by three, Spieth in the hunt
- Indians-Twins Preview
- Donaldson's homer in 10th lifts Blue Jays over Braves 6-5
- Wizards let Raptors back in, but win Game 1 in OT behind Paul Pierce
- Kris Bryant's first big-league hit is a broken bat RBI single
- Report: Angels and Josh Hamilton in talks to settle dispute
- E. Molinari disqualified after caddie hitches cart ride on Euro Tour
- Arsenal reaches FA Cup final thanks to shocking goalkeeper blunder
- Whiskey Ticket wins Illinois Derby
- Bryant gets 1st hit, reaches 5 times as Cubs beat Padres 7-6
- Martinez, Heyward, Cardinals beat Reds for 4th win in row