Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Posey, Lincecum lead Giants to 4-3 win
- RBC Heritage purse: Matt Kuchar takes home $1.044 million
- Young Clippers try to mature against Warriors
- Jimenez wins senior debut but focus is on Ryder Cup
- WSox 3 HRs, throw 2-hitter in 16-2 win at Texas
- Kuchar holes bunker shot at final hole to win Heritage