Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Rookie guards studying Patriots complex offensive system
- Stephen Curry fulfills his promise to Warriors fans, six years later
- Dan Bylsma hired as Sabres head coach; Penguins receive 2016 third-round pick
- Chip Kelly responds to LeSean McCoy's race comments
- MLB Power Rankings: Who are these Twins?
- Watch Lightning turn ice into life-sized NES ‘Blades of Steel’ game (Video)
- Los Angeles NFL team update: St. Louis officials sue over stadium, San Diego negotiates with Chargers
- Riley Curry returns to Steph's press conference, sings Big Sean, is cute
- Adrian Peterson complains about contract situation, looks even worse
- President Barack Obama is bummed that the Bulls fired Tom Thibodeau
- Denver Broncos suffer huge blow, lose OT Ryan Clady to torn ACL
- The Chicago Bulls and Tom Thibodeau have finally ended it
- Stanley Cup Final schedule released; Game 7 set for June 17
- What the FIFA indictments could mean for the U.S.'s 2026 World Cup bid
- Why the Warriors' dreadful past makes their trip to the NBA Finals that much more special
- Duncan Keith's virtuoso performance propels Blackhawks to Game 7 showdown vs. Ducks