Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Steve Spurrier says decision to resign motivated by team's struggles
- Mets get their revenge; now it's up to Clayton Kershaw to save the Dodgers' season
- NFL Power Rankings: Can the Seattle Seahawks rebound again?
- USC's chronic leadership failure continues with mishandling of Steve Sarkisian
- NLDS Game 3: Mets wallop Dodgers 13-7, put L.A. on the brink of elimination
- David Price decision key talking point from Blue Jays' Game 4 win
- Reports: South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier has retired
- Angry Mets fan brings 'Chase Utley Hearts ISIS' sign to NLDS Game 3
- Police say former Texas A&M WR admits to Monday slaying of park jogger
- The stories of the six men who caught the Cubs' historic home run balls
- Mets fan critically injured after fight in Dodger Stadium parking lot
- Gutsy call on final play gets Pittsburgh Steelers a dramatic walk-off win
- Jake Arrieta has worst start since June 16, Cubs still beat Cardinals
- Mets fans welcome home Ruben Tejada with rousing pregame ovation
- The Royals pull off historic postseason comeback, just like the last one
- Cubs fan Eddie Vedder sadly notes that Pearl Jam tour conflicts with World Series