Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Hunter Pence attempts to ease mind of pitcher who broke his arm
- Joel Embiid dunks through the legs, still isn't playing for Sixers
- Beast Mode is back: Marshawn Lynch puts off retirement again
- It's time for Jim Boeheim to leave Syracuse
- Rory McIlroy chucks his iron into the water in a fit of rage
- Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman embracing emotion of bittersweet day
- Reports: Brandon Marshall traded from Bears to Jets
- Scholarship reductions the punishment Syracuse will feel most
- Hawks convincingly best Cavs in battle between East favorites
- LaRon Landry busted again for PEDs, will be suspended 10 games
- Jim Boeheim suspended as part of NCAA's punishment of Syracuse
- Sources: Portland checks on Ray Allen, who's intent on sitting out season
- Matt Harvey returned to the mound for the Mets and it was glorious
- For Ronda Rousey, 14 seconds is nice, but it's hardly a personal record
- Greg Cosell's Free Agency Preview: Why Ndamukong Suh is dominant
- Hayward leads Jazz past 76ers 89-83