Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- Ruffini wins 25-kilometer open water gold at worlds
- Friday's Sports In Brief
- Kyle Busch starts drive for 4th straight win from pole
- Diamondbacks-Astros Preview
- Wilmer Flores caps emotional week with walk-off homer against Nationals
- MLB trade deadline: Winners & losers
- Cowboys' La'el Collins in position to rebound from nightmare scenario
- Why Ronda Rousey needs 'Cyborg'
- Sources: NBPA filing grievance against Kings over voiding of Mbah a Moute contract
- Take me out to the rooftop: Wrigley changes bring new looks
- Angels-Dodgers Preview
- Mark Teixeira homers from both sides, makes history in Yankees win
- Patriots' fight with NFL gets nastier with release of emails
- 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dead at 61
- What does Russell Wilson's new deal mean for Eli Manning's negotiations with Giants?
- Blue Jays continue midseason makeover, add Ben Revere from Phillies