Bernard James had 17 points and six rebounds and Okaro White added 13 points as the Seminoles (12-6, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) used a 21-3 second-half run to pull away.
Terrell Stoglin, the ACC’s scoring leader, had 27 points and Nick Faust added 10 points for Maryland (12-5, 2-2).
Maryland led 42-40 with 17:25 left in the game, but Deividas Dulkys keyed Florida State’s big run with a pair of 3-pointers as the Seminoles grabbed a comfortable 61-45 lead with 12:39 to go.
Florida State has won three straight ACC games after opening the conference schedule with a 20-point loss at Clemson on Jan. 7. The Seminoles have also won four of five games overall.
The Terrapins had won nine of their last 10 coming into Tuesday. Maryland has now lost its last two road games, including a defeat at North Carolina State on Jan. 8.
Florida State made 20 of 23 shots (87 percent) from the free-throw line. Maryland made just 17 of 27 shots (63 percent).
Luke Loucks had nine points and and six assists for the Seminoles. Florida State had 12 assists and a season-low nine turnovers—the first time this season the Seminoles have had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio.
James had 11 points and six rebounds as Florida State led 36-33 at the half.
Both teams shot well from the floor. Florida State made 47.5 percent of its baskets (29 of 61) compared to 50 percent (24 of 48) for Maryland.
- Golf-Putting touch has deserted me, says Poulter
- AP source: Rockies trade SS Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays
- Chand aims to qualify for Rio Olympics after CAS verdict
- LEADING OFF: Trade targets on mound; 2 newcomers arrive
- Amir Johnson found it hard to find an available jersey number with the Celtics
- Arizona Cardinals hire NFL's first-ever female coaching intern
- Mets going in? New York picks up Tyler Clippard from Athletics
- NFL's latest deflate-gate move could make its punishment of Tom Brady, Pats laughable
- Bryant's 2-run HR in 9th lifts Cubs to 9-8 win over Rockies
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Europe's largest Jewish sporting event opening in Germany
- Troy Tulowitzki sent to Blue Jays in shocking trade
- Robert Allenby's ex-caddie doesn't believe former boss' Hawaii story
- Seau family not happy Hall of Fame preventing Sydney from speaking
- Ready to sell? Red Sox make first move, deal Shane Victorino to Angels
- Shutdown Countdown: Eagles riding the Chip Kelly experiment