Bernard James had 17 points and six rebounds and Okaro White added 13 points as the Seminoles (12-6, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) used a 21-3 second-half run to pull away.
Terrell Stoglin, the ACC’s scoring leader, had 27 points and Nick Faust added 10 points for Maryland (12-5, 2-2).
Maryland led 42-40 with 17:25 left in the game, but Deividas Dulkys keyed Florida State’s big run with a pair of 3-pointers as the Seminoles grabbed a comfortable 61-45 lead with 12:39 to go.
Florida State has won three straight ACC games after opening the conference schedule with a 20-point loss at Clemson on Jan. 7. The Seminoles have also won four of five games overall.
The Terrapins had won nine of their last 10 coming into Tuesday. Maryland has now lost its last two road games, including a defeat at North Carolina State on Jan. 8.
Florida State made 20 of 23 shots (87 percent) from the free-throw line. Maryland made just 17 of 27 shots (63 percent).
Luke Loucks had nine points and and six assists for the Seminoles. Florida State had 12 assists and a season-low nine turnovers—the first time this season the Seminoles have had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio.
James had 11 points and six rebounds as Florida State led 36-33 at the half.
Both teams shot well from the floor. Florida State made 47.5 percent of its baskets (29 of 61) compared to 50 percent (24 of 48) for Maryland.
- BDL's 2015-16 NBA Season Preview: Phoenix Suns
- Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre leaves playoff game in tears with injury
- Bryant assistant becomes Division I's first openly gay basketball coach
- Who's going all the way? Yahoo Sports predicts the 2015 MLB postseason
- Looming tax fraud trial for Lionel Messi just the latest drama for Barcelona
- Why Dustin Brown wasn’t suspended for ‘head butt’ on Logan Couture
- Blatter, Platini suspensions bring uncertainty to FIFA presidential election
- How Jake Arrieta guaranteed the Cubs' wild-card victory three weeks ago
- Josh Donaldson removed from Game 1 of ALDS after taking knee to the head
- Source: Maryland intends to fire football coach Randy Edsall
- Report: Dolphins fire defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle
- Report says Andrew Luck will not start for the Colts on Thursday night
- NFL to test boundary cameras at MetLife Stadium this season
- Reports: Maryland plans to fire head coach Randy Edsall
- Jerry Jones doubles down on Greg Hardy's dumb 'guns blazing' comments