Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Adam Wainwright officially out for the season with torn Achilles
- Capitals win thrilling Game 7, eliminate Islanders
- Duke loads up for another title push by adding Brandon Ingram
- Jon Jones booked into Albuquerque jail for alleged hit-and-run accident
- Sources: Grizzlies need 48 hours to assess Mike Conley’s status after surgery
- Billups: Knicks must add vocal leaders, because 'Melo is 'not that guy'
- Austin Rivers helps save Clippers' season, brings tears to his father's eyes
- Austin Hatch ends playing career, becomes student assistant
- UFC needs to strip Jon Jones of his title and pull him from UFC 187
- Nets beat Hawks behind 35 from Williams, tie series at 2-2
- Angels simply, coldly stopped believing in Josh Hamilton
- Where Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao rank among all-time boxing greats
- Shutdown Corner's NFC team-by-team draft needs
- 10 Degrees: Cubs are contenders as rookies thrive amid standout class
- Why in the world did the Redskins pick up RG3's option? Let's explore
- Mad Dash: Rare game-worn Michael Jordan shoes sell for huge price