Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Texas governor compares 'porous' Cowboys defense to state's border
- NFL Winners and Losers: Overrated Arizona Cardinals back to earth
- Cam Newton expected to do too much with too little in Panthers' offense
- DeMarco Murray doesn't think Chip Kelly is giving him enough touches
- How the West was won: Rangers clinch division, Astros claim wild card
- How bad are Bucs? Panthers DB says he planned celebration before pick-6 of Jameis Winston
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds
- A Packers player told Colin Kaepernick what everybody already knew
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Drew Brees wins game with 400th career touchdown
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- San Diego chooses not to retain interim manager Pat Murphy
- LeBron James hopes to soon end the Tristan Thompson contract 'distraction'
- Andrew Shaw attempts Chicago Bears field goal, launches shoe (Video)
- Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin dominate as Rams upset Cardinals