Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Sanchez lifts Giants over Dodgers 3-2 in 12
- Athletics-Angels Preview
- At Boston Marathon, a chance to finally finish
- Donaldson, A's rally in 11th to beat Angels again
- A good read: Bucks' Udoh draws fans for book club
- Your Top Plays for Today
- Sharper challenges his no-bail status in Arizona
- Rockies-Padres Preview
- Dodgers-Giants Preview
- Tuesday's Sports In Brief
- Ronaldo's injury, Barcelona's bad week - who has the psychological edge going into the Copa Clasico?
- Gaborik adds scoring to LA Kings' playoff plans
- A look at the NBA playoff picture
- Clippers-Trail Blazers Preview
- Nicasio solid in Rockies' 3-2 win over Padres
- Warriors-Nuggets Preview