Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Trent Richardson's NFL career on life support after Raiders cut him
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson to solidify outfield depth for stretch run
- Witness: Daly stopped breathing for 3 minutes after collapse
- Everett Golson to start at quarterback for Florida State
- Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum says MLB has come to a decision on reinstatement
- Derek Holland now has a Jobu to go with his 'Major League'-inspired haircut
- Sources: Euro guard Marcelo Huertas agrees to one-year deal with Lakers
- Julius Thomas now expected to miss significant time with finger injury
- Kris Tamulis wins Yokohama Tire LPGA Classic for breakthrough after 186 starts
- Dicky Pride carried motivational note predicting Web.com Tour win
- Greyson Lambert named Georgia's starting QB
- Source: Veteran big man Chuck Hayes signs with Clippers
- Breaking down the remaining Power Five quarterback competitions
- Reality setting in on Jameis Winston's huge hurdles in rookie season with Bucs
- Reports: UCLA DB Ishmael Adams arrested for robbery (Update)
- Yahoo Fantasy Freak Show Podcast