Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Teammates, players around NFL react to shocking Stedman Bailey shooting
- 5 takeaways from the Week 13 College Football Playoff rankings
- Pacers hit franchise-record 19 3s, Paul George drops 40 as Pacers beat Wizards
- LeBron James thinks we should compare great players less, appreciate them more
- Getting older but not fading away: NBA's top stars going extra mile to hold off Father Time
- Some kind 76ers fans are crowd-funding gifts for Brett Brown
- Baseball's five best free-agent bargains of 2015
- Troy Williams' mom is not happy with Indiana coach Tom Crean
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0
- Johnny Manziel's partying, lack of professionalism jeopardize his career
- NFL Power Rankings: The Kansas City Chiefs have good shot at history
- Messi, Barcelona continue to entertain with 6-1 rout of Roma (Video)
- Report: MLB could play a series of games in London as early as 2017
- Jays fans launch website in attempt to keep David Price in Toronto
- Oklahoma, Iowa jump into Top 4 of CFP rankings