Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Jon Gruden worries about present and future of youth sports
- Aaron Hernandez's lawyer asks to question anonymous tipster
- Vidal completes $44 million move from Juve to Bayern
- Inside the shocking trade of Troy Tulowitzki
- MLB Trade Deadline Digest: The chase for Cole Hamels is heating up
- Amir Johnson found it hard to find an available jersey number with the Celtics
- Arizona Cardinals hire NFL's first-ever female coaching intern
- Mets going in? New York picks up Tyler Clippard from Athletics
- AP Sources: Michel Platini will run for FIFA president
- High rollers: Dealers describe special treatment, abuse
- Europe's largest Jewish sporting event opening in Germany
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Troy Tulowitzki sent to Blue Jays in shocking trade
- Robert Allenby's ex-caddie doesn't believe former boss' Hawaii story
- Seau family not happy Hall of Fame preventing Sydney from speaking
- Ready to sell? Red Sox make first move, deal Shane Victorino to Angels