Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- In system vs. stars battle, Chip Kelly's dealing of LeSean McCoy makes him man to watch in upcoming NFL draft
- Sources: Amid open dialogue with Vikes, Adrian Peterson would consider deal restructuring to facilitate trade
- Kansas rallies from 18 down to win 11th Big 12 title outright
- Mad Dash: 50 Cent will bet $1.6M on Mayweather to beat Pacquiao
- Sources: Nuggets fire coach Brian Shaw
- Rights groups criticize Azerbaijan ahead of European Games
- Prosecutors can't bring up Florida shooting in ex-NFLer case
- Tsarnaev's lawyer admits he carried out Boston bombing
- Latest escape has Kentucky one win from perfect regular season
- Sources: Knicks fined for Phil Jackson's comment on D'Angelo Russell
- Josh Smith shooshes crowd, fails as Hawks storm back to beat Rockets
- Five plays you need to see from the first day of spring training games
- Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh assists car crash victims
- Report: Mets' Murphy says he disagrees with gay 'lifestyle'
- Tigers release Hanrahan who'll have another Tommy John
- Start times moved up for SEC women due to incoming ice, snow