RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- THE LATEST: Nike says it is cooperating in FIFA probe
- $150M in bribes, dozen schemes: US prosecutors' FIFA case
- Lightning-Rangers Preview
- Bears chairman George McCaskey addresses Ray McDonald situation
- Four teams banned from 2015-16 postseason for low APR scores
- Bryce Harper gets angry after long fly out ... no, wait, that's a homer
- Indians shave their heads in support of Mike Aviles' daughter
- DeSean Jackson attends Cavs game on first day of Redskins OTAs (Photos)
- Chargers to begin stadium negotiations with city, county
- Orioles sign Cuban left-hander Miranda
- Pressure on Titans' offensive linemen to protect rookie QB
- Cardinals lead the way in first NL All-Star balloting update
- Vikings coach Mike Zimmer tells Adrian Peterson what his two choices are
- NFL pass rusher has unusual hobby: Competing in dog shows
- Only surprise of corrupt, exploitative FIFA is that more weren’t indicted
- Looking ahead to Game 5: Rockets at Warriors