RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Austrian pole-vaulter who landed beside mat is paraplegic
- Giants get perfect fit in trade for Reds starter Mike Leake
- Astros acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers
- Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest
- Why Ohio State's suspensions aren't a trouble sign for the defending champs
- Giants co-owner in dark on JPP: 'I don't know how many fingers he has'
- Ronda Rousey returns to where her growing legend began
- The pressure is on Blue Jays after David Price trade
- Giants fortify rotation by adding Mike Leake
- Houston aiming for World Series with trade for Carlos Gomez
- Tony Romo, Cowboys will be unable to dodge Super Bowl expectations talk
- Jon Richter, son of Rams great Les Richter, defends Hall of Fame policy amid Junior Seau controversy
- Patriots ignore anything deflate-gate, even giant banner above that mocked Tom Brady
- With money and cutting-edge brilliance, Dodgers playing a game others can’t
- Urban Meyer says QB Braxton Miller will start fall camp as a WR
- Five mistakes even good fantasy football owners make