RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- How Ronda Rousey became the UFC's biggest star and most dominant champ
- Gonzaga's loss to BYU will likely cost it a No. 1 seed
- Brock Lesnar cageside at UFC 184, prompting speculation about his future
- Ranking best NHL trade deadline deals of all-time (Video)
- Russell Westbrook undergoes a procedure to repair a cheek fracture
- Villanova wins Big East and bolsters case for No. 1 seed against Xavier
- Giancarlo Stanton is fine after being plunked during intrasquad game
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to debut funnel cake cheeseburger
- Ronda Rousey destroys Cat Zingano in just 14 seconds at UFC 184
- Defense propels Arizona to a win that could have big ramifications
- CSAC decides to test all 22 fighters at UFC 184 for PEDs using blood, urine
- Ronald Belisario fractured his left shoulder climbing out of his pool
- Wichita State clinches second straight Valley title in style
- Former NBA standout Anthony Mason dies at 48
- Bubble breakdown: NC State tumbles back to the bubble
- Marquette-Providence Preview