RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Aaron Hernandez lied to Patriots owner Robert Kraft about night of murder
- Report: Two new bowl games could be added in 2015
- Sources: Patrick Beverley to require 4 months of recovery after surgery
- Man is set to win $1 million should Michigan State cut down NCAA nets
- NASCAR says it's 'disappointed' in Indiana religious-freedom law
- NBA Playoff Picture Update: Raptors soar past Rockets
- NHL Three Stars: Lightning clinch playoff spot; Sabres don’t lose
- Temple's Praise Martin-Oguike given extra year of eligibility
- Jameis Winston's appearance at FSU pro day weigh-in gets attention
- Sources: Murray State guard Cameron Payne leaning toward entering draft
- Rick Barnes to Tennessee further bolsters the SEC's coaching ranks
- Report: Tiger Woods' plane spotted at Augusta airport
- Cincinnati QB Jarred Evans acquitted of assault, hopes to rejoin team
- NHL Playoff Death Watch: LA Kings falling from throne?
- Saban doesn't apologize for bringing Jonathan Taylor to Alabama
- Speedy Eric Young Jr. quickly grabs this chance with Braves