RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Fan makes Tyler Seguin a Twitter offer he can’t refuse: In-N-Out burger
- Auburn LB Deshaun Davis made his own team hype video (Video)
- Lance Lynn carves up Giants, injures ankle in Cardinals win
- NFL Preseason Blitz: Tim Tebow tries his new role for red-hot Eagles
- More preseason injuries: Three Packers injured, including Randall Cobb
- Mets acquire former D-Backs closer Addison Reed to solidify bullpen
- Steve Smith ejected for fighting, then watches rest of game with oldest son
- Montana shocks North Dakota State 38-35 on late TD
- Phil Mickelson tried a backwards shot at The Barclays and failed
- Arizona LB Cody Ippolito tears ACL, out for 2015
- The fight that boxing is supposed to be about
- Fan dies after falling from upper deck at Turner Field
- Daily Dime: Recommendations for Sunday's slate
- Sources: John Daly taken to hospital for evaluation
- Vin Scully returning for 67th and likely final season with Dodgers
- EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor shred Steelers, adding intrigue to Bills QB battle