RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- 15 worth the price of admission
- A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- 2014 Monday Night Football schedule
- Heat extend deal, commit to Miami through 2040
- Cain Velasquez Won't Rush Rehab for Mexico, but Appears Ready to Coach First TUF Latin America
- Stanley Cup Playoffs: Stars, Blackhawks try to even series
- Maddon: Escobar 4-2 strikeout should be walk
- Horschel aims to regain winning form in Big Easy
- 2014 NFL schedule released
- Ducks without captain Getzlaf, Selanne in Game 4
- Sanchez's slam in 11th helps Giants beat Rox 12-10
- Phelps having fun in his return to swimming
- Red Sox demote struggling Daniel Nava to minors
- Ryan Getzlaf injury: Ducks forward will not play Game 4
- Perez help Rangers sweep A's with 3-0 win
- Cubs lose to Diamondbacks 7-5 on Wrigley's 100th