RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Reports: Justin Fuente named successor to Frank Beamer at Virginia Tech
- Greg Cosell's Look Ahead: Broncos have new-look offense for new QB
- Brandon Dubinsky suspended 1 game for cross-check on Sidney Crosby (Video)
- Illinois announces two-year deal to make Bill Cubit its head coach
- Miami PD considers Yasiel Puig case closed, Dodgers decline to comment
- Week 12 Injury Wrap: New running backs for Chiefs, Falcons
- If Notre Dame doesn't make the College Football Playoff, don't blame its independent status
- Stedman Bailey expected to survive, according to Rams coach Jeff Fisher
- Report: Jimbo Fisher tells FSU administration he has no desire to leave
- Warriors drain franchise-record 22 3-pointers, torch Suns, improve to 17-0
- Report: Marlins fired broadcaster Tommy Hutton for being 'too negative'
- Deep-sixed: 76ers set U.S. record for consecutive defeats with loss to Rockets
- Tulane fires Curtis Johnson after second straight 3-9 season
- Arizona's first loss should serve as an early reality check
- Iowa holds off Nebraska 28-20, finishes regular season undefeated