RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Russians switch off from football ahead of World Cup
- Serena cruises by Venus to reach quarterfinals at Wimbledon
- Earnhardt Jr. wins at Daytona in front of Dillon's vicious crash
- Women's World Cup title raises expectations for U.S. men in Gold Cup
- Winners and losers from the 2015 Women's World Cup
- David Ortiz did something no Boston first baseman has ever done Sunday
- Sources: Lakers to sign Brandon Bass, could trade Nick Young
- Sources: Mavericks discussing sign-and-trade options for Jeremy Lin with Lakers
- Italy playmaker Andrea Pirlo joins New York from Juventus
- Rory McIlroy tears ankle ligament; Open Championship in doubt
- 10 Degrees: First-half awards feature Max Scherzer as king of the hill
- Sources: Reggie Jackson agrees to $80 million contract to re-sign with Pistons
- The perfectly unpredictable ending to the U.S.'s confounding World Cup win
- Carli Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup title in 5-2 win over Japan
- Missouri bias? Royals and Cardinals combine for six All-Star starters
- Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul suffers severe hand injury from fireworks