RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Foxx says anthem performance was not 'a sin against America'
- Dolan hires Isiah Thomas again, this time to run Liberty
- Abreu headlines NASCAR's 2015 class of "Next" stars
- WADA slams French documentary on biological passport flaws
- Power Rankings: Does Earnhardt Jr. crack the top two?
- Bulls take fight to Cavs, take Game 1 on the road behind Rose, Gasol, Butler
- The story of how Stephen Curry's agent and dad didn't want the Warriors to draft him
- Mike Tyson shoves fan for getting a little too handsy with him
- Switzerland, Belarus earn 2nd victories at ice hockey worlds
- Collins' agent says his client is not meeting with NFL teams
- Reds-Pirates Preview
- Former Alabama RB Altee Tenpenny says he's heading to UNLV
- Clippers excel without CP3, steal Game 1 from disappointing Rockets
- Four things to know about the Champions League semifinalists
- Manny Pacquiao's injury debacle leaves bad taste, potential for legal repercussions
- Ex-Kentucky center changes name to Willie 'Trill' Cauley-Stein