RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP)—Kevin Bradshaw had 16 points and 10 rebounds Thursday night and UC Riverside held on to beat San Jose State 66-64.
Kareem Nitoto scored 14 points and Phil Martin added 13 points for the Highlanders (5-7).
UC Riverside led by 12 with 6:23 to play, but the Spartans (4-8) pulled even at 56-56 with 3:55 left. It was a one-point game with 8 seconds to play, and Daymond Cowlah made 1 of 2 free throws for the Highlanders. James Kinney had a chance to win it for San Jose State, but missed a 3-pointer.
Keith Shamburger led the Spartans with 24 points, going 10 for 11 from the free-throw line, and Kinney added 18 points. Riverside owned a 39-28 rebounding advantage and outscored the Spartans 32-16 in the paint.
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76, associate and caregiver says
- Jason Kidd, New York tabloids defend Brooklyn from Masai Ujiri's words
- Source: USC TE Xavier Grimble met with Falcons, Panthers
- Johnny Manziel works out for Browns
- Ivan Nova has partially torn UCL, may need Tommy John surgery
- Umbro continue brand revival, announce Hull City kit deal
- Michelle Wie’s LPGA Lotte Championship winner’s selfie says it all
- Tigers release Gonzalez, call up Worth
- Hull City vs. Arsenal: Final score 0-3, simple for the Gunners
- Yankees' RHP Ivan Nova has elbow ligament tear
- NBA playoffs 2014, Day 2: Heat, Spurs start playoff runs Sunday
- Czech Republic beats Italy 4-0 in Fed Cup semis
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- Radwanska leads Poland to 3-2 Fed Cup win vs Spain
- Liverpool shows nerve and poise of a champion to capitalize on Chelsea slip