North Carolina A&T shuts down UNC Greensboro 87-67Monday, Nov 28, 2011
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—R.J. Buck scored 16 points to lead five North Carolina A&T players in double figures, and the Aggies shut down UNC Greensboro in an 87-67 win on Monday night.
The Aggies (4-3) held the Spartans to 31.3 percent shooting (20 of 64), and just nine assists, while forcing 19 turnovers.
North Carolina A&T took a 42-28 lead at halftime after holding the Spartans (2-4) to 10-for-30 shooting in the first half (33.3 percent). Things didn’t get any better for the Spartans in the second half, when they attempted one more basket while still making just 10 (29.4 percent shooting), as North Carolina A&T outscored them 45-37 in the final 20 minutes.
Nic Simpson added 13 points, Austin Witter 12, Kam Shepherd 11 and Adrian Powell 10 for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
Trevis Simpson led UNC Greensboro with 17 points.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0
- Johnny Manziel's partying, lack of professionalism jeopardize his career
- NFL Power Rankings: The Kansas City Chiefs have good shot at history
- Messi, Barcelona continue to entertain with 6-1 rout of Roma (Video)
- Report: MLB could play a series of games in London as early as 2017
- Jays fans launch website in attempt to keep David Price in Toronto
- Oklahoma, Iowa jump into Top 4 of CFP rankings
- 5 takeaways from the Week 13 College Football Playoff rankings
- Pacers hit franchise-record 19 3s, Paul George drops 40 as Pacers beat Wizards
- LeBron James thinks we should compare great players less, appreciate them more
- Getting older but not fading away: NBA's top stars going extra mile to hold off Father Time
- Some kind 76ers fans are crowd-funding gifts for Brett Brown
- Baseball's five best free-agent bargains of 2015
- Troy Williams' mom is not happy with Indiana coach Tom Crean