North Carolina A&T shuts down UNC Greensboro 87-67Monday, Nov 28, 2011
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—R.J. Buck scored 16 points to lead five North Carolina A&T players in double figures, and the Aggies shut down UNC Greensboro in an 87-67 win on Monday night.
The Aggies (4-3) held the Spartans to 31.3 percent shooting (20 of 64), and just nine assists, while forcing 19 turnovers.
North Carolina A&T took a 42-28 lead at halftime after holding the Spartans (2-4) to 10-for-30 shooting in the first half (33.3 percent). Things didn’t get any better for the Spartans in the second half, when they attempted one more basket while still making just 10 (29.4 percent shooting), as North Carolina A&T outscored them 45-37 in the final 20 minutes.
Nic Simpson added 13 points, Austin Witter 12, Kam Shepherd 11 and Adrian Powell 10 for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
Trevis Simpson led UNC Greensboro with 17 points.
- Texas governor compares 'porous' Cowboys defense to state's border
- NFL Winners and Losers: Overrated Arizona Cardinals back to earth
- Cam Newton expected to do too much with too little in Panthers' offense
- DeMarco Murray doesn't think Chip Kelly is giving him enough touches
- How the West was won: Rangers clinch division, Astros claim wild card
- How bad are Bucs? Panthers DB says he planned celebration before pick-6 of Jameis Winston
- The MLB postseason field is set! Here's the schedule for the opening rounds
- A Packers player told Colin Kaepernick what everybody already knew
- This is why 49ers built Kaepernick's $126M deal in such shrewd fashion
- Drew Brees wins game with 400th career touchdown
- Forde's Fab Four: Where merit means more than school name
- San Diego chooses not to retain interim manager Pat Murphy
- LeBron James hopes to soon end the Tristan Thompson contract 'distraction'
- Andrew Shaw attempts Chicago Bears field goal, launches shoe (Video)
- Todd Gurley and Tavon Austin dominate as Rams upset Cardinals