North Carolina A&T shuts down UNC Greensboro 87-67Monday, Nov 28, 2011
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—R.J. Buck scored 16 points to lead five North Carolina A&T players in double figures, and the Aggies shut down UNC Greensboro in an 87-67 win on Monday night.
The Aggies (4-3) held the Spartans to 31.3 percent shooting (20 of 64), and just nine assists, while forcing 19 turnovers.
North Carolina A&T took a 42-28 lead at halftime after holding the Spartans (2-4) to 10-for-30 shooting in the first half (33.3 percent). Things didn’t get any better for the Spartans in the second half, when they attempted one more basket while still making just 10 (29.4 percent shooting), as North Carolina A&T outscored them 45-37 in the final 20 minutes.
Nic Simpson added 13 points, Austin Witter 12, Kam Shepherd 11 and Adrian Powell 10 for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
Trevis Simpson led UNC Greensboro with 17 points.
- Tom Izzo caps Spartans' trip to Italy by playing accordion at dinner
- Los Angeles kicks off bid to host 2024 Olympics
- Johnny Manziel hoping rest heals hurting right elbow
- Urban Meyer 'has an idea' on starting QB, will play both throughout season
- Part of the outfield wall in Oakland came loose, because of course it did
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka arrested, charged in 1983 death of girlfriend
- Teenage takeover: Most teens in U.S. Open men's draw since 1990
- Kiké Hernandez wore a banana suit to rally Dodgers during their 14-inning win
- BDL 25: What the hell will the Dallas Mavericks even look like?
- Federer, Wozniacki, Halep secure easy wins
- Anze Kopitar, LA Kings significantly apart on contract talks
- Vladimir Putin teams up with Ovechkin and Malkin in hockey exhibition (Video)
- John Dodson ready to rid UFC of 'plague' in flyweight division
- Power Rankings: 10 to go in the Xfinity Series
- Kopitar negotiations update; Ryan's RV trek; Eichel's mega hockey card deal (Puck Headlines)
- Marek Vs. Wyshynski Podcast: Islanders architect Bill Torrey on Al Arbour