North Carolina A&T shuts down UNC Greensboro 87-67Monday, Nov 28, 2011
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—R.J. Buck scored 16 points to lead five North Carolina A&T players in double figures, and the Aggies shut down UNC Greensboro in an 87-67 win on Monday night.
The Aggies (4-3) held the Spartans to 31.3 percent shooting (20 of 64), and just nine assists, while forcing 19 turnovers.
North Carolina A&T took a 42-28 lead at halftime after holding the Spartans (2-4) to 10-for-30 shooting in the first half (33.3 percent). Things didn’t get any better for the Spartans in the second half, when they attempted one more basket while still making just 10 (29.4 percent shooting), as North Carolina A&T outscored them 45-37 in the final 20 minutes.
Nic Simpson added 13 points, Austin Witter 12, Kam Shepherd 11 and Adrian Powell 10 for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
Trevis Simpson led UNC Greensboro with 17 points.
- Cueto goes 8 innings, Reds beat Twins 2-1 to take series
- Sources: Draymond Green breaks off talks with Warriors, for now
- Sources: Brandon Knight agrees to $70 million extension with Suns
- Flyers ink backup netminder Michal Neuvirth for two years
- Top Rank latest promoter to file suit against Al Haymon
- It's official: Jerry Dipoto out as Angels GM (Updated)
- Sources: Goran Dragic agrees to $90 million deal with Heat
- Sources: Monta Ellis in serious talks with Pacers on possible three-year deal
- Canucks trade Kassian to Canadiens for Prust
- Penguins acquire Phil Kessel from Maple Leafs in major trade
- Sources: Jimmy Butler agrees to $95 million contract with Bulls
- Wimbledon ball boy collapses during Isner-Ebden match
- Sources: Free agent DeMarre Carroll agrees to $60 million deal with Raptors
- Sources: Mike Dunleavy agrees to deal to return to Bulls
- Puck Daddy's NHL 2015 Free Agent Frenzy Chatterbox!
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker