North Carolina A&T shuts down UNC Greensboro 87-67Monday, Nov 28, 2011
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—R.J. Buck scored 16 points to lead five North Carolina A&T players in double figures, and the Aggies shut down UNC Greensboro in an 87-67 win on Monday night.
The Aggies (4-3) held the Spartans to 31.3 percent shooting (20 of 64), and just nine assists, while forcing 19 turnovers.
North Carolina A&T took a 42-28 lead at halftime after holding the Spartans (2-4) to 10-for-30 shooting in the first half (33.3 percent). Things didn’t get any better for the Spartans in the second half, when they attempted one more basket while still making just 10 (29.4 percent shooting), as North Carolina A&T outscored them 45-37 in the final 20 minutes.
Nic Simpson added 13 points, Austin Witter 12, Kam Shepherd 11 and Adrian Powell 10 for the Aggies, who won their fourth straight.
Trevis Simpson led UNC Greensboro with 17 points.
- WADA to investigate new doping allegations in athletics
- Stunner: US men miss out on relay final at swim worlds
- Paraguay backs Platini for FIFA president
- Clayton Kershaw extends scoreless streak to 37 innings in Dodgers win
- Wade Davis allows first homer since 2013, a streak covering 125 2/3 innings
- Sydney Seau will get chance to speak for father at Hall of Fame induction
- Hall of Fame profile: Vikings C Mick Tingelhoff
- C.J. Wilson likely done for season with elbow impingement, surgery required
- Myanmar youngster swims alone in personal best time
- Ledecky, Sun make confident start to campaign in Kazan
- Mobile key to growth, Sorrell tells IOC
- Ronda Rousey KOs Bethe Correia in 34 seconds at UFC 190 title bout
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as Red Sox president and CEO
- Ronda Rousey dedicates UFC 190 fight to late wrestling legend 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- New Cowboy Greg Hardy donates $300 to help troll the Eagles
- Shutdown Countdown: Cowboys need a new formula without DeMarco Murray