Suero, Albany’s leading scorer, did not start due to a mild ankle sprain and had 14 of his points in the second half.
Blake Metcalf tallied a career-high 14 points, going 7 of 7 from the floor, for the Great Danes (4-3). Jayson Guerrier added 13 points off the bench.
The opening half featured eight lead changes and six ties, but Albany took control after the break. The Great Danes led 47-34 at one point in the second half, but then took firm control with seven unanswered from that juncture. The Great Danes led by as much as 24 in the late stages of the contest.
Lonnie Hayes led the Knights (1-4) with 23 points.
- Forde-Yard Dash: Where college football hits the ground running
- Danny Salazar leads Indians to sixth straight victory
- David Ortiz inches closer to milestone with home run No. 495
- U.S. Open: Rafa, Djokovic breeze through first round
- Daughter of Bills, Sabres owner wins U.S. Open debut
- Brandon Harris named LSU's starting quarterback
- Trent Richardson's NFL career on life support after Raiders cut him
- Outfielders headline waiver trade deadline as teams prepare for September
- Milan Lucic dreams of playing for Canucks (after LA Kings Cup run)
- RG3's potential teams after Redskins exit: 4 bad fits, 1 ideal landing spot
- U.S. Open: Serena Williams advances to second round
- DeAndre Jordan leaves agent Dan Fegan after controversial summer
- Kevin Kiermaier proves he can fly, robs Manny Machado of a home run