Suero, Albany’s leading scorer, did not start due to a mild ankle sprain and had 14 of his points in the second half.
Blake Metcalf tallied a career-high 14 points, going 7 of 7 from the floor, for the Great Danes (4-3). Jayson Guerrier added 13 points off the bench.
The opening half featured eight lead changes and six ties, but Albany took control after the break. The Great Danes led 47-34 at one point in the second half, but then took firm control with seven unanswered from that juncture. The Great Danes led by as much as 24 in the late stages of the contest.
Lonnie Hayes led the Knights (1-4) with 23 points.
- Warriors outlast Jazz in tough win, move to 19-0
- Browns find a new low, lose on a blocked field goal for a touchdown
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Three losses to unranked foes raise familiar questions about LSU
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Why Kobe Bryant decided it was time to retire
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite
- MLB players get record postseason payout of $69 million
- Question for the committee: Does Clemson deserve to make playoff even if it loses?
- As Kobe returns home, his old coach urges Philadelphia to give him proper sendoff
- KD decries media criticism of Kobe: 'They never got players and how we work'
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Toronto's Garret Sparks gets emotional after shutout in NHL debut (Video)
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Hot Stove Digest: Jim Johnson returns to Braves on a one-year deal