The Gamecocks trailed by 11 points with just over six minutes remaining but closed the game on a 22-7 run to avoid losing their third straight to a smaller conference foe. Eric Smith gave South Carolina (2-2) the lead for good on a jumper with just less than two minutes remaining to help South Carolina snap a two-game losing streak. Cooke scored 12 of his 18 points during that span, including South Carolina’s final seven points.
Freshman Damien Leonard added 16 points for the Gamecocks in the preliminary round game of the Las Vegas Invitational.
Terrence Joyner led the Delta Devils (0-4) with 22 points.
- Boise State holds off Washington 16-13 to spoil Chris Petersen's return
- Chris Davis goes deep twice, becomes first to reach 40 homers in Orioles win
- Addison Russell homers twice, makes history in Cubs blowout win
- Baylor scores 8 TDs to cruise past SMU
- Five for Friday: Top shots from first round of Deutsche Bank Championship
- Royals fans work together to secure slippery foul ball
- Top 5 college football kickoff games of all time
- UFC strawweight Paige VanZant on cusp of superstardom ahead of UFC 191
- Ciao Bella: Rafael Nadal knocked out of U.S. Open in third round
- Follow college football's opening weekend live on Yahoo Sports
- Michigan State holds off Western Michigan in 37-24 road win
- Tom Brady issues statement: 'To a large degree, we have all lost'
- Serena Williams survives third-round scare
- WMU coach P.J. Fleck shows off his speed on 100-yard return TD
- George Springer is back and ready for battle in UConn football helmet