The Gamecocks trailed by 11 points with just over six minutes remaining but closed the game on a 22-7 run to avoid losing their third straight to a smaller conference foe. Eric Smith gave South Carolina (2-2) the lead for good on a jumper with just less than two minutes remaining to help South Carolina snap a two-game losing streak. Cooke scored 12 of his 18 points during that span, including South Carolina’s final seven points.
Freshman Damien Leonard added 16 points for the Gamecocks in the preliminary round game of the Las Vegas Invitational.
Terrence Joyner led the Delta Devils (0-4) with 22 points.
- McIlroy suffers severe ankle injury ahead of British Open
- Singapore-bound Serena becomes earliest Finals qualifier
- A-Rod deserves All-Star consideration
- Women's World Cup title raises expectations for U.S. men in Gold Cup
- Winners and losers from the 2015 Women's World Cup
- David Ortiz did something no Boston first baseman has ever done Sunday
- Sources: Lakers to sign Brandon Bass, could trade Nick Young
- Sources: Mavericks discussing sign-and-trade options for Jeremy Lin with Lakers
- Golf-World Rankings
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
- 10 Degrees: First-half awards feature Max Scherzer as king of the hill
- Sources: Reggie Jackson agrees to $80 million contract to re-sign with Pistons
- The perfectly unpredictable ending to the U.S.'s confounding World Cup win
- Carli Lloyd leads U.S. to Women's World Cup title in 5-2 win over Japan
- Missouri bias? Royals and Cardinals combine for six All-Star starters
- Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul suffers severe hand injury from fireworks