The Gamecocks trailed by 11 points with just over six minutes remaining but closed the game on a 22-7 run to avoid losing their third straight to a smaller conference foe. Eric Smith gave South Carolina (2-2) the lead for good on a jumper with just less than two minutes remaining to help South Carolina snap a two-game losing streak. Cooke scored 12 of his 18 points during that span, including South Carolina’s final seven points.
Freshman Damien Leonard added 16 points for the Gamecocks in the preliminary round game of the Las Vegas Invitational.
Terrence Joyner led the Delta Devils (0-4) with 22 points.
- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs
- Ducks shake off triple OT letdown in Game 3 win over Chicago
- Rockets' Dwight Howard (left knee sprain) will play in Game 2 vs. Warriors
- Jeff Gordon to join Fox's NASCAR coverage in 2016
- Curry, LeBron headline 2015 All-NBA First Team, featuring 3 first-timers
- Mike Babcock claims no lying to Sabres, brings the 'pain' for Maple Leafs
- DeMarre Carroll questionable for Game 2, MRI shows no structural damage to left knee
- New Jersey judge dismisses Ray Rice's domestic violence charges
- Warriors escape Rockets with final defensive stand, narrowly go up 2-0
- Brewers' Will Smith tossed for having foreign substance on his arm
- Dodgers get swept by Giants, score exactly zero runs in three games
- Aaron Hernandez sports new 'LIFETIME' tattoo, pleads not guilty to latest charge
- LSU's new ad campaign shamelessly promotes top recruit Ben Simmons
- Former Vikings coach Bud Grant's garage sale is glorious
- Broncos DE Antonio Smith under investigation for child abuse
- Cavs pull away from Hawks with big 2nd-half run, grab Game 1 of East finals