The Gamecocks trailed by 11 points with just over six minutes remaining but closed the game on a 22-7 run to avoid losing their third straight to a smaller conference foe. Eric Smith gave South Carolina (2-2) the lead for good on a jumper with just less than two minutes remaining to help South Carolina snap a two-game losing streak. Cooke scored 12 of his 18 points during that span, including South Carolina’s final seven points.
Freshman Damien Leonard added 16 points for the Gamecocks in the preliminary round game of the Las Vegas Invitational.
Terrence Joyner led the Delta Devils (0-4) with 22 points.
- Former Lions RB Mel Farr dies at age 70
- World high jump champion Shkolina out with injury
- APNewsBreak: Officials puzzled over Yosemite jumpers' deaths
- Adrian Beltre hits for the cycle in spectacular fashion
- 'Cyborg' threatens legal action after Ronda Rousey's steroid comments
- The NBA's all-time starting five: Atlanta Hawks
- Canadian college students create audible puck for visually impaired players (Video)
- Ronda Rousey to star in biopic based on her autobiography
- Van der Burgh in record-breaking form in Kazan heats
- Van der Burgh heats up chilly swim prelims with world record
- Van der Burgh lowers own world record in 50 breast at worlds
- Is Jimmy Garoppolo ready to be the Patriots' starting quarterback?
- Rory McIlroy to play practice round at PGA host Whistling Straits
- David Price turns in exceptional first start with the Blue Jays
- DT Maquedius Bain leaves LSU days after reinstatement
- Bills OL coach Aaron Kromer suspended six games for assault arrest