PROVO, Utah (AP)—Stephen Rogers led a balanced scoring attack with 18 points off the bench, and BYU rode its long-range shooting to a 90-51 victory Tuesday over Prairie View A&M.
Rogers was 6 of 9 from the field, including 3 of 5 on 3-pointers. The Cougars (3-1) shot 12 for 22 (55 percent) from behind the arc, part of a 29-for-51 (57 percent) shooting night.
Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo scored 13 points apiece for BYU. Noah Hartsock had 12, and Anson Winder added 11.
Jourdan Demuynck led the Panthers (2-3) with 11 points, and Jules Montgomery scored 10. Prairie View shot just 29 percent (20 of 69) from the field.
A layup by Demuynck put Prairie View ahead 19-18 with 7:43 left in the first half, but BYU went on a 16-6 run to take a 34-25 halftime lead. The Cougars then outscored the Panthers by 30 in the second half.
- NBA in Africa? 'Stay tuned' for regular-season game
- NFL wins first round, as Brady court battle sent to New York
- It doesn't make sense why the NFL sold out Tom Brady
- Three-way deal involving Dodgers, Braves, Marlins still not completed
- Phillies rebuild reaches next phase with trade of Cole Hamels
- Mets' trade for Brewers outfielder Carlos Gomez falls apart in bizarre turn of events
- Conor McGregor: Ronda Rousey 'would throw me on my head in literally one second'
- Winter Classic logos unveiled; Bruins/Habs alumni game announced
- William 'Refrigerator' Perry auctioning off Super Bowl XX ring
- Cardinals acquire Brandon Moss from Indians after Matt Holliday injury
- Yahoo Sports' trade deadline tracker: Follow the latest MLB news and rumors
- Marlins pipe in 'obnoxious' noises during Nationals batting practice
- Sources: Rangers finalizing blockbuster deal for Phillies ace Cole Hamels
- Wilmer Flores plays through tears after learning of impending trade
- Tigers finally admit their fate, say they're 'rebooting' at the trade deadline
- Robert Kraft just hoisted a flag signaling that Roger Goodell and the NFL office cannot be trusted