PROVO, Utah (AP)—Stephen Rogers led a balanced scoring attack with 18 points off the bench, and BYU rode its long-range shooting to a 90-51 victory Tuesday over Prairie View A&M.
Rogers was 6 of 9 from the field, including 3 of 5 on 3-pointers. The Cougars (3-1) shot 12 for 22 (55 percent) from behind the arc, part of a 29-for-51 (57 percent) shooting night.
Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo scored 13 points apiece for BYU. Noah Hartsock had 12, and Anson Winder added 11.
Jourdan Demuynck led the Panthers (2-3) with 11 points, and Jules Montgomery scored 10. Prairie View shot just 29 percent (20 of 69) from the field.
A layup by Demuynck put Prairie View ahead 19-18 with 7:43 left in the first half, but BYU went on a 16-6 run to take a 34-25 halftime lead. The Cougars then outscored the Panthers by 30 in the second half.
- LEADING OFF: Bumgarner looking for better July, Cabrera hurt
- Sources: Rajon Rondo to sign one-year contract with Kings
- Source: Richard Jefferson returning to Mavericks
- Sources: Gary Neal agrees to one-year deal with Wizards
- Ryan O'Reilly inks creative 7-year, $52.5 million extension with Sabres
- Alex Rodriguez, Yankees finally settle dispute over milestone bonus
- U.S. and Japan exchange mild trash talk ahead of World Cup final
- Alex Rodriguez will receive his 3,000th hit ball from Zack Hample
- Mike Scioscia wants Josh Hamilton to apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno
- Sources: Corey Brewer agrees to $24 million deal to return to Rockets
- Jose Aldo's rib injury, withdrawal from UFC 189 lead to wild speculation
- Source: DeAndre Jordan agrees to $80 million deal with Mavericks
- Columbus signs Brandon Saad to six-year $36 million deal
- Serena survives at Wimbledon, will meet Venus next
- Sources: Robin Lopez agrees to four-year, $54 million deal with Knicks
- 2015 NBA free-agency tracker