Texas-Pan American edges Texas State 79-77Saturday, Nov 19, 2011
Provost finished with 20 points for the Broncs (1-3) while teammate Jared Maree scored a game-high 21, including the final free throw with 2.9 seconds left.
The teams traded the lead several times in the second half, with the Bobcats (3-1) going on a late 14-2 run to take a 77-76 advantage before Provost was fouled and sent to the free-throw line.
The Broncs finished shooting 46 percent from the field, including making 9 of 22 3-point tries. The Bobcats shot 44 percent from the field but made just 2 of 11 from long distance.
Eddie Rios and Nick Hinton led Texas State with 14 points each while Matt Staff added 12 and Brooks Ybarra 11.
- Warriors outlast Jazz in tough win, move to 19-0
- Browns find a new low, lose on a blocked field goal for a touchdown
- Peyton Manning on path of legends who had inglorious ends to careers
- Three losses to unranked foes raise familiar questions about LSU
- Report: Interim coach Luke Walton might get credit for Warriors' wins, after all
- Why Kobe Bryant decided it was time to retire
- Five-win Missouri says it will not pursue a bowl inivite
- MLB players get record postseason payout of $69 million
- Question for the committee: Does Clemson deserve to make playoff even if it loses?
- As Kobe returns home, his old coach urges Philadelphia to give him proper sendoff
- KD decries media criticism of Kobe: 'They never got players and how we work'
- 10 observations from NFL's Week 12
- Toronto's Garret Sparks gets emotional after shutout in NHL debut (Video)
- Report: Barry Bonds could be the Marlins' next hitting coach
- Hot Stove Digest: Jim Johnson returns to Braves on a one-year deal