Texas-Pan American edges Texas State 79-77Saturday, Nov 19, 2011
Provost finished with 20 points for the Broncs (1-3) while teammate Jared Maree scored a game-high 21, including the final free throw with 2.9 seconds left.
The teams traded the lead several times in the second half, with the Bobcats (3-1) going on a late 14-2 run to take a 77-76 advantage before Provost was fouled and sent to the free-throw line.
The Broncs finished shooting 46 percent from the field, including making 9 of 22 3-point tries. The Bobcats shot 44 percent from the field but made just 2 of 11 from long distance.
Eddie Rios and Nick Hinton led Texas State with 14 points each while Matt Staff added 12 and Brooks Ybarra 11.
- NFL Power Rankings: Which 4-0 team is most likely to miss the playoffs?
- Angels new GM Billy Eppler believes in analytics ... when used properly
- Source: Hornets' Michael Kidd-Gilchrist likely to miss season because of shoulder surgery
- After 1-3 start, Miami Dolphins fire coach Joe Philbin
- Ronda Rousey to co-anchor SportsCenter on Oct. 7
- Stephen A. Smith responds to Kevin Durant: 'You don’t want to make an enemy out of me'
- George Karl is sorry for saying DeMarcus Cousins was tradable
- Kam Chancellor's huge play saves the struggling Seattle Seahawks
- Officials miss call on Calvin Johnson fumble that costs Lions a potential win
- CC Sabathia enters alcohol rehab, will miss Yankees' postseason
- AL wild card preview: It's youth against experience when Astros meet Yankees
- NHL acknowledges it has a cocaine problem among players
- Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'I might as well just go ahead and retire'
- Cher tweets support for Nick Diaz after his five-year ban for marijuana usage