Cal State Fullerton rolls past Redlands 118-68Saturday, Nov 12, 2011
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP)—Sophomore Isiah Umipig scored 34 points to lead five players in double figures as Cal State Fullerton routed Redlands 118-68 Friday night in the Titans’ season opener.
Umipig scored 17 points in each half. He made eight of his 12 3-point tries and was 11 of 16 overall.
D.J. Seeley scored 18 points, Omondi Amoke added 16 and Kwame Vaughn scored 12 in their first games as Titans. Seeley and Amoke transferred from Cal; Vaughn from San Francisco. Fullerton led 70-27 at the half.
The 118 points are the second most in Fullerton history; the Titans scored 128 against Chapman in 1972.
Jack Colston led Redlands with 14 points and Kirk Tristan added 13 points.
- Astros, Blue Jays add pieces in trades to make playoff push
- Giants get perfect fit in trade for Reds starter Mike Leake
- Astros acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers
- Jets DE Sheldon Richardson busted for allegedly driving 143 mph, resisting arrest
- Why Ohio State's suspensions aren't a trouble sign for the defending champs
- Giants co-owner in dark on JPP: 'I don't know how many fingers he has'
- Ronda Rousey returns to where her growing legend began
- The pressure is on Blue Jays after David Price trade
- Giants fortify rotation by adding Mike Leake
- Houston aiming for World Series with trade for Carlos Gomez
- Tony Romo, Cowboys will be unable to dodge Super Bowl expectations talk
- Jon Richter, son of Rams great Les Richter, defends Hall of Fame policy amid Junior Seau controversy
- Patriots ignore anything deflate-gate, even giant banner above that mocked Tom Brady
- With money and cutting-edge brilliance, Dodgers playing a game others can’t
- Urban Meyer says QB Braxton Miller will start fall camp as a WR
- Five mistakes even good fantasy football owners make