Cal State Fullerton rolls past Redlands 118-68Saturday, Nov 12, 2011
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP)—Sophomore Isiah Umipig scored 34 points to lead five players in double figures as Cal State Fullerton routed Redlands 118-68 Friday night in the Titans’ season opener.
Umipig scored 17 points in each half. He made eight of his 12 3-point tries and was 11 of 16 overall.
D.J. Seeley scored 18 points, Omondi Amoke added 16 and Kwame Vaughn scored 12 in their first games as Titans. Seeley and Amoke transferred from Cal; Vaughn from San Francisco. Fullerton led 70-27 at the half.
The 118 points are the second most in Fullerton history; the Titans scored 128 against Chapman in 1972.
Jack Colston led Redlands with 14 points and Kirk Tristan added 13 points.
- Forde-Yard Dash: Where college football hits the ground running
- Danny Salazar leads Indians to sixth straight victory
- David Ortiz inches closer to milestone with home run No. 495
- U.S. Open: Rafa, Djokovic breeze through first round
- Daughter of Bills, Sabres owner wins U.S. Open debut
- Brandon Harris named LSU's starting quarterback
- Trent Richardson's NFL career on life support after Raiders cut him
- Outfielders headline waiver trade deadline as teams prepare for September
- Milan Lucic dreams of playing for Canucks (after LA Kings Cup run)
- RG3's potential teams after Redskins exit: 4 bad fits, 1 ideal landing spot
- U.S. Open: Serena Williams advances to second round
- DeAndre Jordan leaves agent Dan Fegan after controversial summer
- Kevin Kiermaier proves he can fly, robs Manny Machado of a home run