Mercer tops Piedmont 89-63
MACON, Ga. (AP)—James Florence scored 19 points to help Mercer beat Piedmont 89-63 on Friday night.
Daniel Emerson scored 16 points and grabbed 19 rebounds for the Bears (1-0), who shot 50 percent from the field.
Piedmont (0-1) was led by J.C. Herebia, who scored 18 points. Josh Haymore chipped in with 16 points. The Lions shot 36 percent from the field.
The Bears held a 49-38 lead after a 3-pointer by Florence with 14:30 remaining in the contest. Two minutes later, Mark Hall converted a fast break layup, capping a 12-0 run by Mercer.
The game was the two teams’ first meeting since 1997.
- Texas rallies around embattled coach Charlie Strong, upsets OU 24-17
- Laquan McGowan scores touchdown for Baylor vs. Kansas (Video)
- NLDS Game 1: Mets win as Jacob deGrom tops Clayton Kershaw in K duel
- Controversial call indicative of Blue Jays' Game 2 loss, it was a matter of inches
- ALDS Game 2: Royals rally after early deficit, even series with the Astros
- Colby Rasmus continues postseason tear with third homer in three games
- Shannon Sharpe rips Antonio Gates over PED suspension
- Marshall DL Jarquez Samuel swan dives into end zone for TD (Video)
- End of the Road 2015: New York Yankees
- Kershaw doesn't fight Mattingly's fateful move in another playoff defeat – 'I put myself in that spot'
- The most awful beautiful swing helped the Royals even their series with the Astros
- NLDS Game 1: John Lackey silences Cubs bats as Cardinals win 4-0
- ALDS Game 2: Rangers take 2-0 lead after controversial 14-inning win
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch ruled out for Sunday's game at Bengals
- Prince Fielder celebrates Rangers ALDS win by tumbling out of the dugout
- BDL's 2015-16 NBA Season Previews: Washington Wizards