Mercer tops Piedmont 89-63
MACON, Ga. (AP)—James Florence scored 19 points to help Mercer beat Piedmont 89-63 on Friday night.
Daniel Emerson scored 16 points and grabbed 19 rebounds for the Bears (1-0), who shot 50 percent from the field.
Piedmont (0-1) was led by J.C. Herebia, who scored 18 points. Josh Haymore chipped in with 16 points. The Lions shot 36 percent from the field.
The Bears held a 49-38 lead after a 3-pointer by Florence with 14:30 remaining in the contest. Two minutes later, Mark Hall converted a fast break layup, capping a 12-0 run by Mercer.
The game was the two teams’ first meeting since 1997.
- Hamilton takes his first Monaco F1 pole
- Hamilton takes Monaco GP pole position ahead of Rosberg
- Jimenez lands European record 10th hole in one
- Dominant LeBron's near-triple-double leads Kyrie-less Cavs to 2-0 lead over Hawks
- Hawks' DeMarre Carroll (left knee sprain) to start Game 2 vs. Cavaliers
- UNC basketball’s biggest threat to title hopes could be postseason ban
- Lakers GM: Kobe Bryant could retire after next season
- Will Smith suspended eight games by MLB for foreign substance on his arm
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA
- 95th time lucky for University of Tokyo baseball team
- French driver Grosjean hit with 5-place Monaco grid penalty
- Rick Nash scores twice as Rangers even series with Lightning
- Kyrie Irving (left knee tendinitis) out for Hawks-Cavaliers Game 2
- NFL denies NFLPA request for Goodell recusal in Brady appeal
- Floyd Mayweather, Manny Pacquiao pass all drug tests
- With no NFL interest, Michael Sam will play in the CFL