Tulowitzki homers, drives in two; Rockies win
Tulowitzki homered leading off the second and had a run-scoring fielder’s choice in the third. Todd Helton had an RBI double in the four-run third.
Buster Posey made his first start at first base and threw out a runner at home on a squeeze play. He drove in runs with a double in the first and a single in the fifth.
While the 2010 NL Rookie of the Year isn’t expected to be there much during his return season from season-ending leg and ankle injuries sustained last May 25 in a collision at the plate with the Marlins’ Scott Cousins.
“He feels great,” manager Bruce Bochy said. “He’s coming out of these games with no issues. That’s good news for us. He’s getting more and more comfortable in all facets of the game.”
Juan Nicaso gave up 10 hits and three runs in 5 2-3 innings for Colorado and Travis Blackley gave up a run and four hits in two innings for the Giants.
San Francisco reliever Jeremy Affeldt yielded three hits and two runs for the loss.
Hector Sanchez homered, his fourth, and hit an RBI double for the Giants.
“He can hit, he always has,” Bochy said of Sanchez. “He’s got the ability from both sides and he doesn’t really have a hole. He’s a smart hitter. He knows what he wants to do up there. He’s got a great gift.”
The Giants other squad beat the Reds 6-4 in Goodyear.
- Chris Davis' walk-off home run wakes up sleeping fan at Orioles Park
- Foul ball comes to eat, destroys Rangers fan's nachos
- Wife of Redskins GM apologizes for inappropriate tweets about ESPN reporter
- Ruben Tejada gets inside-the-park homer after Domonic Brown tumbles over wall
- Aroldis Chapman gets Javy Baez to swing so hard he falls to the ground
- Brazilian MMA fighter thwarts robbery, subdues assailant with submission
- Doctors suggest limiting Matt Harvey to 180 innings: Will it impact Mets postseason push?
- Report: Cardale Jones 'good' after being taken to hospital for headache
- Don't expect to see any veterans do mid-match interviews
- Rafa, Venus survive second round
- Cam Newton's little brother might be a big deal
- Dwight Howard brought a gun to Houston airport, will not be charged
- Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy releases another hilarious ad
- QB Treon Harris will start season opener for Florida