• Cory Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, is quite confident about the Devils this year.
Game 6 Preview (Rangers lead series 3-2): New York Rangers at Washington Capitals, 7:30 p.m. Facing elimination tonight at Verizon Center, Washington will try to once again bounce back after an overtime loss to the Rangers. After Marian Gaborik's goal sunk them in the third overtime a week ago, the Capitals took Game 4 on Saturday 3-2. Will they recover from being 6.6 seconds away from going up 3-2 in the series only to end up losing on a Marc Staal overtime goal? For the Rangers, a win means their first trip to the Eastern Conference Final since 1997 and a date with the New Jersey Devils, who they faced in a memorable series in 1994.
• Listen to today's Marek Vs. Wyshynski here.
• According to Mike Heika, Bob Gainey is returning to the Dallas Stars after taking on a role as consultant with the team. [DMN]
• Elliotte Friedman takes a look at the situation in Chicago, plus his 30 thoughts. [CBC]
• Mike Haviland is out of work now that he's been fired by the Chicago Blackhawks. Would the Dallas Stars make a good fit for him? [Defending Big D]
• Looking at the Phoenix Coyotes' and Los Angeles Kings' six matchups during the regular season. [Five for Howling]
Puck Daddy Reader Comment of the Day: "FleetingGame2000" on the Winter Classic ticket lawsuit:
"This is symbolic of what the Winter Classic has become. A cash cow for the teams and a marketing gimmick for the league and it's sponsors. Nothing wrong with either until the greed takes over and the fans get punished. It's heading down the path of irrelevancy for the fans, just like the all star game."
Bold Prediction: Rangers end it 3-2.