Coaches from across college basketball have participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge this week to help raise money and awareness for research for ALS, the neurodegenerative condition also known as Lou Gherig's disease.
Here's a look at six of the most fun, creative videos:
1. Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski: Coach K's nine grandkids lived every North Carolina fan's dream when they doused college basketball's winningest coach with two buckets of ice water. Krzyzewski's reaction is amusing and his challenge to his USA basketball players was great too.
2. Nebraska coach Tim Miles: Not only did Miles and assistant coaches Kenya Hunter and Jim Molinari allow their players to dump buckets of ice-cold water on their heads, they also threw in another twist for a good cause. They wore "Avery Strong" t-shirts in honor of Avery Harriman, the young son of assistant Chris Harriman who recently found out that his leukemia is no longer in remission.
3. Michigan State coach Tom Izzo: Instead of letting his own players have the honor of pouring ice-cold water over his head, Izzo gave Michigan State football players Connor Cook and Shilique Calhoun that chance. And in keeping with the football theme, Izzo challenged close friend Steve Mariucci and Mariucci’s NFL Network colleagues Warren Sapp and Deion Sanders.
4. Houston coach Kelvin Sampson: No players had more fun drenching their head coach than the Houston Cougars did with Sampson. They slowly tipped the bucket of ice water on Sampson from the railing above him and then clapped and cheered with delight as their coach cringed, smiled and shook himself dry.
Xavier coach Chris Mack: One bucket of ice water wasn't enough for Mack. He had an entire ice truck worth of ice water dumped over his head, and some of the last few buckets appeared to be more ice than water. Hours later, Mack got to be on the other side of the challenge. His two young daughters, both clad in David West jerseys, also completed had buckets of water dumped on their heads.
6. Marquette coach Steve Wojciechowski: Any Duke fans (or haters) who enjoyed seeing Krzyzewski get drenched also will probably like seeing two of his former players endure the same fate. Wojciechowski and former Duke guard Tyler Thornton both received challenges, so both took turns pouring water over one-another in the locker room.
- - - - - - -