Here are your Puck Headlines: A glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• When you want to remember the loss to Canada in the 2002 gold medal game… [Jersey Fouls]
• Daniel Winnik is no fan of the NHL’s playoff format. “It’s stupid. It’s the stupidest thing ever. I don’t know why it’s not 1 to 8, I don’t know why we got away from that.” [CSN Mid-Atlantic]
• Riley Sheahan of the Detroit Red Wings doesn’t have a goal through 68 games. He’s not lost hope just yet. [ESPN]
• Speaking of hope, NHL players and coaches are still holding out that the NHL and NHLPA will agree to Olympic participation. [TSN]
• One player who would likely be playing in Pyeongchang, Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand, would miss out in his first opportunity to represent Canada at the Olympics if no deal is reached. [Sportsnet]
•Read More »from Winnik no fan of playoff format; Sheahan talks goal drought; Olympic talk (Puck Headlines)