Expect to see thousands of Jeeps on Beach Boulevard this week as Jeepin the Coast returns for the sixth year.
About 2,000 Jeeps are already registered and more are expected to be out and about across the Mississippi Coast, said Jennifer Moran, founder of the event.
“Who doesn’t want to ride in a Jeep with no tops and no doors and enjoy the beautiful Gulf Coast?” she said.
The event begins Wednesday and continues through Sunday, May 31-June 4, with a parade, scavenger hunt and concerts for Jeepers, and also for local families and tourists.
Like Cruisin’ The Coast in October, Jeepin the Coast has a parade through downtown Long Beach and the opportunity for spectators to find some shade along the highway and watch as Jeeps roll by.
Only registered Jeeps also allowed to drive on the sand in Long Beach Friday and Saturday.
Jeepin the Coast schedule
Many of the events are at Jeep Central at 506 Jeff Davis Ave. in Long Beach. Here is the schedule:
Wednesday, May 31
▪ Scavenger hunt starts
▪ Kick-Off party at 200 Davis Ave., Pass Christian, with entertainment by Aaron Foret from 5-8 p.m.
Thursday, June 1
▪ Party at Sully’s, 1316 30th Ave., Gulfport, with music by Ryan Foret & Foret Traditions
▪ Light & Sound Competition at 8:30 p.m. in front of Sully’s
▪ After party with live entertainment begins at 10 p.m. at Tripletails, 113 South Beach Boulevard, Bay St. Louis
Friday, June 2
▪ Vendor Village at Jeep Central, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
▪ Poker run begins at 10:30 a.m.
▪ Beach Crawl — Cruise the sandy beaches of Long Beach, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
▪ Show & Shine Jeep Show, 2-4 p.m. Entry signs at Trautman Avenue and U.S. 90, Long Beach. Awards at 5 p.m.
▪ Friday Night Concert with music by 3C Band, 7-11 p.m at Jeep Central
▪ After Party with live entertainment at Tripletails, 113 South Beach Boulevard, Bay St. Louis
Saturday, June 3
▪ Vendor Village, 9:30 a.m.-7 p.m., at Jeep Central
▪ Scavenger Hunt and Poker Run continue
▪ Beach Crawl on the sandy beaches of Long Beach 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
▪ Block Party and Jeep Only Parade begins at 6:15 p.m. Jeeps must be pre-registered and in line behind the Town Green by 5:15 p.m.
▪ Concert in the Streets, 7:30-10 p.m. at Jeep Central, featuring Todd O’Neill & Cat Daddy Band. Bring your chairs
Sunday, June 4
▪ Non-Demoninational Church Service, 9:30 a.m. under the oaks on Long Beach Town Green, 301 Jeff Davis Ave., Long Beach