Top 5 NASCAR stories of 2012
What do you say about a season that starts with a track
catching fire? It was a year of transition in NASCAR, with a first-time
champion unseating the old order and some familiar faces either failing to make
the Chase or failing to make an impact.
Fans couldn’t decide if they liked yellow flags and wrecks or not, and NASCAR continued to struggle with attendance and ratings problems.
Still, the year produced some memorable moments, both on the track and in the pits, and NASCAR heads into 2013 with hope that a new Cupholder and new looks to its cars will bring back fans to both the TV and the stands. – By Jay Busbee
Photos of the Day
More Year in Review galleries
News For You
- 2013-14 college football bowl schedule
- Jay Mohr got an icy glare from Danica Patrick after a joke at the Sprint Cup banquet
- NFL Week 14 Winners and Losers: Patriots gifted a win on a horrible penalty call
- Denver Broncos kicker Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard field goal
- Michael Phelps tweeted the insane final 2:07 of Ravens-Vikings in fine fashion