Top 5 NASCAR stories of 2012
What do you say about a season that starts with a track
catching fire? It was a year of transition in NASCAR, with a first-time
champion unseating the old order and some familiar faces either failing to make
the Chase or failing to make an impact.
Fans couldn’t decide if they liked yellow flags and wrecks or not, and NASCAR continued to struggle with attendance and ratings problems.
Still, the year produced some memorable moments, both on the track and in the pits, and NASCAR heads into 2013 with hope that a new Cupholder and new looks to its cars will bring back fans to both the TV and the stands. – By Jay Busbee
Photos of the Day
More Year in Review galleries
News For You
- Dwyane Wade takes time out from playoffs to surprise teen at her prom to reward YouTube pl …
- Wife douses husband with beer in Wrigley Field bleachers after he tries to protect her from …
- Michael Vick, 10-year NFL veteran, had to be taught by Chip Kelly how to carry a football
- Man who claimed for years to be Ohio State All-American tight end appears to be a fraud
- Redskins fans buy all sorts of things on Robert Griffin III’s wedding registry