Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Joe Torre's daughter is a hero after making a life-saving catch in BrooklynBig League Stew - 11 hours ago
- Chris Bosh has a message for Heat fans guilty of leaving Game 6 earlySBNation - 11 hours ago
- See the many faces of Gigi Buffon affer questionable penalty call in Confederaions Cup matchDirty Tackle - 11 hours ago
- Hockey Canada to announce Thursday that Montreal, Toronto will host world juniorsBuzzing The Net - 16 hours ago
- Serena Williams says she's reaching out to family of victim in Steubenville rape case to say sorryThe Canadian Press - 13 hours ago
- Levi Horn leaves the B.C. Lions for Kansas City to take job with a casino55 Yard Line - 11 hours ago
- Watch: Andrew Wiggins dunks on NBA player in first Kansas Jayhawks scrimmageyhoo.it
- In pictures: David Beckham plays soccer with schoolchildren in Chinayhoo.it
Best nicknames in pro sports
So the New Orleans Hornets have decided to change their name
to the Pelicans, a move that's been met with near universal derision or, as one
commenter noted in Marc
Spears' report that broke the news, "that has to be the
lamest team name in sports history."
With this in mind, Jay Hart takes a look at his picks for the best nicknames in American professional sports. Click here for the worst nicknames in American professional sports.