Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Raffi Torres won’t appeal ban; Sharks’ GM challenges NHL’s interpretation of rulePuck Daddy - 7 hours ago
- Memorial Cup 2013: Attention Jay-Z: Give Nathan MacKinnon a callBuzzing The Net - 10 hours ago
- Ten crazy food creations you can eat at minor league baseball gamesBig League Stew - 9 hours ago
- Actors from ‘The Sandlot’ hit the big leagues, but still look like kids 20 years laterBig League Stew - 8 hours ago
- Sens coach MacLean nominated for Adams award along with Quenneville and BoudreauThe Canadian Press - 17 hours ago
- Defending champion Hesjedal and Tour de France winner Wiggins withdraw from GiroThe Canadian Press - 14 hours ago
- PHOTOS: 2013 Preakness Stakes post positions and odds19 hours ago
- UFC suspends Nate Diaz for homophobic slurCagewriter - 19 hours ago
Best nicknames in pro sports
So the New Orleans Hornets have decided to change their name
to the Pelicans, a move that's been met with near universal derision or, as one
commenter noted in Marc
Spears' report that broke the news, "that has to be the
lamest team name in sports history."
With this in mind, Jay Hart takes a look at his picks for the best nicknames in American professional sports. Click here for the worst nicknames in American professional sports.