Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Paille, Bergeron lead Bruins over Blackhawks 2-0, take 2-1 series leadPuck Daddy - 2 hours 4 minutes ago
- Atlanta radio hosts fired after making fun of Steve Gleason, who suffers from ALSShutdown Corner - 9 hours ago
- Dirk Nowitzki thinks the NBA can never get rid of floppingBall Don't Lie - 7 hours ago
- Only in the CFL: Alouettes accidentally release, then bring back, CB Michael Carter55 Yard Line - 9 hours ago
- Young Dodgers fan ‘stands tall’ against Giants-loving classmates in fifth-grade graduation speechBig League Stew - 4 hours ago
- Report: Allen Iverson accused by ex-wife of abducting their 5 childrenBall Don't Lie - 9 hours ago
- Teeing Off: Will Phil Mickelson ever win the U.S. Open?Devil Ball Golf - 2 hours 46 minutes ago
- This is the coolest picture of Justin Rose after his epic U.S. Open winDevil Ball Golf - 4 hours ago
Best nicknames in pro sports
So the New Orleans Hornets have decided to change their name
to the Pelicans, a move that's been met with near universal derision or, as one
commenter noted in Marc
Spears' report that broke the news, "that has to be the
lamest team name in sports history."
With this in mind, Jay Hart takes a look at his picks for the best nicknames in American professional sports. Click here for the worst nicknames in American professional sports.