Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Avalanche officially name Patrick Roy head coach, as well as VP of hockey operationsPuck Daddy - 22 hours ago
- Robert Griffin III plants and throws during Redskins OTAsShutdown Corner - Thu, 23 May, 2013 2:30 PM EDT
- Kevin Gausman won’t be eating donuts during his MLB debut, but he still has his superstitionsBig League Stew - Thu, 23 May, 2013 2:38 PM EDT
- Hockey Hugs: Zdeno Chara, single dad; Good morning, Swiss bliss; Patrick loves MarianPuck Daddy - Thu, 23 May, 2013 4:00 PM EDT
- The Dallas Mavericks could be one of many teams that might look to dump its draft picksBall Don't Lie - Thu, 23 May, 2013 3:40 PM EDT
- Gio Gonzalez wears shirt with old image of Nationals coach Steve McCatty posing for ‘Playgirl’Big League Stew - Thu, 23 May, 2013 2:49 PM EDT
- 2013 Memorial Cup: The Saskatoon Blades and the dump-and-chase tacticBuzzing The Net - Thu, 23 May, 2013 4:12 PM EDT
- Emmanuel Arceneaux returns to the Lions, further solidifying a deep receiving corps55 Yard Line - Thu, 23 May, 2013 2:27 PM EDT
Best nicknames in pro sports
So the New Orleans Hornets have decided to change their name
to the Pelicans, a move that's been met with near universal derision or, as one
commenter noted in Marc
Spears' report that broke the news, "that has to be the
lamest team name in sports history."
With this in mind, Jay Hart takes a look at his picks for the best nicknames in American professional sports. Click here for the worst nicknames in American professional sports.