Buzzing on Y! Sports
- That happened: Giants’ Angel Pagan delivers first walkoff inside-the-park home run since 2004Big League Stew - 7 hours ago
- Bruins eliminate Rangers in five games thanks to Torey Krug, ‘Merlot Line’Puck Daddy - 7 hours ago
- Prince William nearly got his Champions League final prediction exactly rightDirty Tackle - 10 hours ago
- 2013 Memorial Cup: Halifax Mooseheads, including Nathan MacKinnon, see logic of Hockey Canada peewee bodychecking banBuzzing The Net - 11 hours ago
- Will Smith is not good at penalty kicksDirty Tackle - 13 hours ago
- Heath Bell belly flops in failed attempt to field buntca.sports.yahoo.com
- Robbie Rogers signs with LA Galaxy, becomes first openly gay player in MLSDirty Tackle - Fri, 24 May, 2013 11:00 PM EDT
- Stage set for epic Seth Jones vs. Nathan MacKinnon duel Memorial Cup finalBuzzing The Net - Sat, 25 May, 2013 3:35 AM EDT
Best nicknames in pro sports
So the New Orleans Hornets have decided to change their name
to the Pelicans, a move that's been met with near universal derision or, as one
commenter noted in Marc
Spears' report that broke the news, "that has to be the
lamest team name in sports history."
With this in mind, Jay Hart takes a look at his picks for the best nicknames in American professional sports. Click here for the worst nicknames in American professional sports.