Recommendation: GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said in an interview on KYW Radio that Howard has been improving each day. "He's getting a little bit better and stronger," Amaro told KYW. "He's getting a lot of at-bats in simulated games and such. That's a good sign. He's starting to move around the bases a little bit better each day. Once we get him to as close to 100 percent on the bases as we can get him, we'll probably start an actual official rehab on him."
Buzzing on Yahoo Sports
- Canucks pick Brendan Gaunce settling in with Erie Otters, reuniting with Michael CurtisBuzzing The Net - 14 hours ago
- Erie Otters’ Connor McDavid believes he’s an ‘underdog’ ahead of Team Canada selection campBuzzing The Net - 13 hours ago
- Kory Sheets to work out for the Colts; will he follow Jerrell Freeman to Indy, or land elsewhere?55 Yard Line - 15 hours ago
- MLB will outlaw crashes at home plateBig League Stew - 11 hours ago
- Justin Timberlake played HORSE with Paul George after the Indiana Pacers’ win Tuesday (Video)Ball Don't Lie - 10 hours ago
- Terry Bradshaw thinks a cold-weather Super Bowl is a really bad ideaShutdown Corner - 10 hours ago
- Mariano Rivera to be honored with street outside Yankee StadiumBig League Stew - 8 hours ago
- DeAndre Jordan wedges the ball between rim and backboard on an alley-oop (Video)Ball Don't Lie - 9 hours ago
Update: Howard (Achilles) hopes to begin an official rehab assignment in the next week, the Phillies' official site reports.
Latest Sports Slideshows
1 - 4 of 25
Today on Yahoo
1 - 4 of 48