Recommendation: Gardiner opened the season on IR after suffering a concussion while playing in the AHL, but he was cleared by team doctors to suit up Wednesday night. It remains to be seen who Gardiner will be paired with Wednesday, but he was able to practice fully the day before, so it's likely that he will see plenty of ice time.
Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Robinson Cano surprises 13-year-old leukemia survivor with Wiffle ball game at MLB Fan CaveBig League Stew - 2 hours 59 minutes ago
- Goaltending a big question mark for Team Canada with Sochi Olympics less than a year awayEh Game - 4 hours ago
- Mikhail Grabovski on his disappointing Leafs postseason; losing Game 7; biting Paciorettyca.sports.yahoo.com
- Celtics’ Terrence Williams arrested ‘for making threats with a gun’ in domestic disputeBall Don't Lie - 3 hours ago
- Hockey announcer becomes emergency linesman after nasty accident, concussionPuck Daddy - 4 hours ago
- Manny Ramirez ‘moonwalks’ like Michael Jackson after losing balance in TaiwanBig League Stew - 4 hours ago
- Zach Randolph tried to apologize to Grizzlies teammates for being taken out of Game 1Ball Don't Lie - 4 hours ago
- 2013 Memorial Cup: Performer Alexis Normand will return after botched U.S. anthem, but only to sing O CanadaBuzzing The Net - 4 hours ago
Update: Gardiner (concussion) will make his season debut Wednesday night against the Penguins, TSN reports.
- slideshowPhoto finish: Relive the weekend in sports
- slideshowBest of NBA playoffs: Conference finals
- slideshowPreakness InfieldFest: The best party in sports
- slideshow2013 Preakness: Gary Stevens wins with Oxbow
- slideshowTearful David Beckham plays final home game at PSG
- slideshowGolf HP Byron Nelson Championship
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 8 of 48
1 - 4 of 125