Late FTs lift UC Riverside by Northridge 63-61Thursday, Feb 23, 2012
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Robert Smith scored 14 points and made two free throws with four seconds left to give UC Riverside a 63-61 victory against Cal State Northridge on Wednesday night.
Phil Martin had 14 points for the Highlanders (13-15, 6-8 Big West). BJ Shearry collected 12 rebounds, three blocks and two steals.
Each of the 11 players that saw action for the Matadors (7-19, 3-11) scored, but none reached double figures. Ari Feldman had nine points.
UC Riverside led 61-56 when Vinnie McGhee hit a 3-pointer for Northridge with 1:32 remaining, and Josh Greene’s layup with 20 seconds left tied the score. The Highlanders took possession and bled the clock until Smith drew a foul by McGhee.
Kevin Bradshaw had 10 rebounds for UC Riverside.
The Matadors shot 34.3 percent (23 of 67) from the floor.
- Pinehurst only the start of men's, women's doubles
- Batman tries out TaylorMade putter at Speed Pocket World Challenge
- Lions retain RB Bell, get Ogletree
- Arenado homers, De La Rosa sharp in Rockies' win
- Browns plug holes with Whitner, Dansby
- Ware, Peppers released as NFL free agency opens
- Bears terminate Peppers' contract
- 49ers agree with S Bethea to replace Whitner
- NHL GMs react to Peverley heart problem
- Nick Foligno scores from his stomach
- Giants sign Schwartz, Jennings, Schofield as FAs
- Bynum expected to make Pacers debut vs. Celtics
- Chiefs' free agents find big deals elsewhere
- Shaq spends $1,000 a week on smartphone apps, also wants your money for Shaq-Fu
- 2014 NFL free agent rankings: Top 15 free agents at each position
- Hopkins-Shumenov to fight April 19