Williams’ game-winner came after Connor Frizelle’s 3-pointer had given Rice a 60-58 lead with 8 seconds left. Frizelle, who scored 17 points, had eight of the Owls’ nine points in overtime.
Cameron Moore led UAB (6-11, 1-3 Conference USA) with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Preston Purifoy added 18 points for the Blazers, who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dylan Ennis scored 13 points for the Owls (11-8, 2-2), including a layup with 36 seconds left in regulation that tied the game at 51 and forced overtime.
Rice led 39-22 early in the second half and was still ahead 47-37 with 9:15 left in the game. But the Blazers scored 11 straight points to take the lead and were ahead 51-49 before Ennis’ game-tying shot.
- O.J. Mayo suspended for one game after punching Greg Stiemsma
- Robin van Persie: I watch managers closely
- Napoli vs. Roma: Preview and TV Schedule
- Manchester City vs. Wigan Athletic: Preview and TV schedule
- Parma vs. Hellas Verona: Preview and TV schedule
- Juventus vs. Fiorentina: Preview and TV Schedule
- Clippers outlast Hawks for 7th straight win
- Canucks end 4-game skid with 2-1 win over Flames
- Higuain targeting Maradona's Napoli goal record
- Olympic champ Matt leads WCup slalom after 1st run
- Oregon upsets No. 3 Arizona 64-57
- American breaks 20-year Spanish three-point record
- Hawaii holds off Cal St Fullerton, 81-77
- Gonzaga edges Santa Clara 77-75
- Saint Mary's advances in 80-69 win over Pepperdine
- Timbers rally to tie Union 1-1