Bernard James had 17 points and six rebounds and Okaro White added 13 points as the Seminoles (12-6, 3-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) used a 21-3 second-half run to pull away.
Terrell Stoglin, the ACC’s scoring leader, had 27 points and Nick Faust added 10 points for Maryland (12-5, 2-2).
Maryland led 42-40 with 17:25 left in the game, but Deividas Dulkys keyed Florida State’s big run with a pair of 3-pointers as the Seminoles grabbed a comfortable 61-45 lead with 12:39 to go.
Florida State has won three straight ACC games after opening the conference schedule with a 20-point loss at Clemson on Jan. 7. The Seminoles have also won four of five games overall.
The Terrapins had won nine of their last 10 coming into Tuesday. Maryland has now lost its last two road games, including a defeat at North Carolina State on Jan. 8.
Florida State made 20 of 23 shots (87 percent) from the free-throw line. Maryland made just 17 of 27 shots (63 percent).
Luke Loucks had nine points and and six assists for the Seminoles. Florida State had 12 assists and a season-low nine turnovers—the first time this season the Seminoles have had a positive assist-to-turnover ratio.
James had 11 points and six rebounds as Florida State led 36-33 at the half.
Both teams shot well from the floor. Florida State made 47.5 percent of its baskets (29 of 61) compared to 50 percent (24 of 48) for Maryland.
- Jagr's 3rd-period goal lifts Devils over Flyers
- Jenner, Dubinsky lift Jackets past Red Wings, 4-1
- Source: Phil Costa visited Lions, Patriots
- J. Staal, Tlusty lead Hurricanes over Rangers
- SDakota women top Denver 82-71 for trip to NCAA
- Jaguars agree to terms with free agent G Beadles
- Falcons sign 3 linemen on 1st day of free agency
- Jhoulys Chacin injury: Rockies starter likely to begin 2014 on DL
- Predators too much for Sabres 4-1
- Buccaneers sign Alterraun Verner
- Andrew Hawkins signs offer shet with Browns
- Posey drives in 4 runs to lead Giants over Reds
- Bynum's return helps Pacers get past Celtics 94-83
- Saints put Darren Sproles on trading block
- Djokovic, Jankovic win at Indian Wells
- Mount St. Mary's reaches NCAA tournament