Young scored the game’s last seven points for the Blue Demons (10-4, 1-1 Big East) after Pitt (11-5, 0-3) held an 81-77 lead with 17.2 seconds remaining. Young’s layup cut the Panthers’ lead to two points; then Pitt’s Isaiah Epps missed two free throws.
Young drove through the Panthers’ defense for a basket and he was fouled with 1.3 seconds left. He made the free throw for a one-point lead, then Pitt threw the inbounds pass away. Young was fouled and made two more free throws.
Cleveland Melvin scored 20 points and Moses Morgan added 13 for DePaul, which before Thursday had won just two regular-season Big East games since 2008-09.
Talib Zanna had 16 points and eight rebounds and Ashton Gibbs finished with 13 points for Pittsburgh.
- Olympic champion Shiffrin wins World Cup slalom
- NBA scores 2014: Mavericks hold off Blazers in wild finish, Houston blows out Indiana and more
- NFL Draft 2014: Jeff Scott hopes to follow in Dexter McCluster's shoes
- 2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship streaming: How to watch online, TV coverage and more
- Fan runs off with Luke Donald's golf ball at WGC-Cadillac Championships
- Ohio Valley Conference Tournament 2014 Championship: Game preview for Eastern Kentucky vs. Belmont
- College basketball scores and bracket update: Wichita State dominates, 6-25 Citadel advances
- Summit League Tournament 2014: North Dakota State heavy favorites for auto-bid
- Olympic champion Ligety beats Raich to win WCup GS
- 2014 Iditarod: Route, weather and more from Galena to Nulato
- Tiger Woods plays second fiddle to British Open conditions at 'brutal' Doral
- Richardsson wins 50K race
- NFL Calendar
- Sherwood: I don't need public backing from Tottenham
- Alvaro Arbeloa to miss Clasico with knee injury
- Mourinho wary of Man City games in hand: 'I'm not top of the league'