Allegations: Santonio Thomas
Miami booster Nevin Shapiro alleges he provided multiple extra benefits to Santonio Thomas during the player’s career with the Hurricanes. Among the benefits he claimed to have provided:
• Meals at Miami area restaurants.
• Entertainment on Shapiro’s $1.6 million yacht.
• Food, drinks and entertainment during private parties at venues rented out by Shapiro.
• One source corroborated Thomas being entertained aboard Shapiro’s yacht.
• Yahoo! Sports also acquired a photo of Thomas at a dinner with Shapiro, Jonathan Vilma and Vince Wilfork at Japanese steakhouse Benihana. Shapiro and a second source said the photo was taken in 2003, and that the booster paid the bill for the meal.
In Shapiro’s words
• “Santonio Thomas was living with Vince Wilfork. I got him a job working with my friend Ricky. He was in the club scene with us – not so much in the club scene, but more for the private parties I used to throw for the players at mansions. [He] was on the boat a number of times and was fishing with us, also.”
Could not be reached for comment.