Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
Reddit Hockey• Oh hi there, 14-year-old Jonathan Quick.
• Does Dale Hunter's job hinge on what happens in Game 7 Wednesday? [ESPN]
• Will Shawn Thornton get into Wednesday night's Game 7? He'd like to, but he's cool either way. Thornton: "I don't give a [expletive] this time of year. Whatever helps the team." [Boston]
• Meet "Team Snubbed", the trio of Philadelphia Flyers snubbed -- snubbed, I say! -- for NHL awards. Seriously, you have no idea how snubbed they are. So snubbed. [Philly]
• Elliotte Friedman's always excellent 30 thoughts. [CBC]
• There's nothing better than reactionary articles following first-round exits. Patrick Kane didn't score even once on the Phoenix Coyotes. He sucks, trade him. [Chicago Tribune]
• Ryan Kesler didn't score even once on the Los Angeles Kings. He sucks, trade him. [Vancouver Sun]
• Darryl Sutter's gospel of success for playoff hockey: "Goaltenders, special teams, top players, unsung heroes and discipline. Write it down and don't forget it." For brevity's sake, I wrote down "Good players play good." That's the same, right? [Los Angeles Times]
• Carrie Underwood plays fill in the blanks with ESPN and changes her stance on playoff beards: "I think playoff beards are awesome because my husband makes one look sooooo sexy!" [ESPN]
• On the historic first round of the playoffs, which showcased hockey's excitement and its dark side. [SI Red Light]
Bryz• Ilya Bryzgalov's shirt somehow manages to upstage the Stanley Cup. [Reddit Hockey]
• Ellen Etchingham sees the Stanley Cup and instantly transforms into Madeleine L'Engle. [Backhand Shelf]
• With a trio of delectable Game 7s coming up, it's time to investigate who usually wins these games. [The Globe & Mail]
• Here's a gif of Scottie Upshall punching Steve Bernier in the head. Not cool, bro. [SB Nation]
• Speaking of gifs, Broad Street Hockey's Flyers/Penguins gif bracket rules. [Broad Street Hockey]
• Wherein Mike Gillis suggests the Canucks changed Cody Hodgson's usage in January to inflate his totals and make him look more appealing on the trade market. [PITB]
• Roman Polak fired 88 shots on goal this year and didn't score a goal. Antti Miettinen played 45 games without recording a single penalty minute. Numbers are fun! [The Hockey Writers]
• Revisiting the scary, October 2009 hit that caused the Ontario Hockey League to go no-tolerance on dirty plays, such as Mark Zanetti being suspended for the rest of the OHL playoffs for a kicking motion he made toward a player. [Canoe]
• Kevin Cheveldayoff provides updates on the Winnipeg Jets' top prospects. [Winnipeg Free Press]
• And finally, somewhere, there's a village where the kids think Canadian teams win the Stanley Cup all the damn time.