Here are your Puck Headlines: a glorious collection of news and views collected from the greatest blogosphere in sports and the few, the proud, the mainstream hockey media.
• Roberto Luongo is back to his old self after the Heritage Classic snub. He's found the bright side, which is the underside of the cream-colorer pants the Canucks' wore. Sort of makes Eddie Lack look like he suffers from incontinence.
• The Montreal Canadiens have acquired Mike Weaver from the Florida Panthers for a fifth round pick. Good get. If Weaver were taller, people would have realized how good he is ages ago. [Spector's Hockey]
• On the eve of the trade deadline, Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts - which includes ruminations on Ryan Kesler, Marty Brodeur, Jaro Halak, Jason Spezza, and several other players and teams rumoured to be doing things -- are a pretty intriguing read. [CBC]
• On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY), Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA). [Kuklas's Korner]
• Is this the year that buyers do reasonable things at the trade deadline, for reasonable prices? Nah. Come on. Where's the fun in that? [ESPN]
• The departure of Pat LaFontaine is sending ripples of through the Sabres' fanbase. Is there confidence that this front-office is all on the same page and able to manage this rebuild cohesively? [Buffalo News]
• The Flames have to move Mike Cammalleri. They have to. [Calgary Sun]
• It is time for the Carolina Hurricanes to start rebuilding, says Luke DeCock. I thought they sort of were, though. Aren't they? What the heck are they doing, then? [News Observer]
• Does Sam Gagner make sense for the Nashville Predators? Considering he puts up points and they don't really have anybody that does that outside of Shea Weber, I'd say so. [Section 303]Read More »from All rumors, all the time; Habs get Weaver; Zdeno Chara, nuclear murderer (Puck Headlines)