The future looks bright in San Francisco as Colin Kaepernick has secured his position under center, but where does this leave Alex Smith? Expected to earn $8 million in 2013, Mike Florio says it makes no sense for the 49ers to invest that much money in a player that will ride the pine all season. With Kaepernick entrenched as the starter, Florio recommends the Niners cut ties with their former starter and use that money to gather depth at different positions of need.
Buzzing on Y! Sports
- Joe Torre's daughter is a hero after making a life-saving catch in BrooklynBig League Stew - 11 hours ago
- Chris Bosh has a message for Heat fans guilty of leaving Game 6 earlySBNation - 11 hours ago
- See the many faces of Gigi Buffon affer questionable penalty call in Confederaions Cup matchDirty Tackle - 11 hours ago
- Hockey Canada to announce Thursday that Montreal, Toronto will host world juniorsBuzzing The Net - 16 hours ago
- Serena Williams says she's reaching out to family of victim in Steubenville rape case to say sorryThe Canadian Press - 13 hours ago
- Levi Horn leaves the B.C. Lions for Kansas City to take job with a casino55 Yard Line - 11 hours ago
- Watch: Andrew Wiggins dunks on NBA player in first Kansas Jayhawks scrimmageyhoo.it
- In pictures: David Beckham plays soccer with schoolchildren in Chinayhoo.it
Position Statement: Where will Alex Smith land?By NBC Sports | Shutdown Corner – Fri, 18 Jan, 2013 8:43 PM EST
Today on Yahoo!
1 - 8 of 48
1 - 4 of 45